PDA

View Full Version : Xmas presents for men

sunflower
10th December 2011, 18:12
Hi all

I need to buy an extra 'fun' xmas gift for two young men - early 20's.
Would prefer to spend less than 10 per gift.

Any ideas - not smellies as I have already got them aftershave.

many thanks for any help, I am completely out of ideas

10th December 2011, 19:21
Hi all

I need to buy an extra 'fun' xmas gift for two young men - early 20's.
Would prefer to spend less than 10 per gift.

Any ideas - not smellies as I have already got them aftershave.

many thanks for any help, I am completely out of ideas

What about something like a groupon offer (if there are any at the moment) for paintballing?

Second Born
10th December 2011, 19:28
There are plenty of novelty mugs on Play.com for under 10. Actually, Play.com is pretty good for small gadget type gifts as well.

M123
10th December 2011, 20:39
A box for the bedside that holds small change/watches these can be around a tenner.

jen
10th December 2011, 21:10
Gloves for using smartphones.

pugpete1108
10th December 2011, 22:50
ear and nose trimmer :D, emergency clown nose (on firebox - 3.49), ted baker socks.....

VeryTrying
10th December 2011, 23:03
Hawkins Bazaar - all their rubbish makes me laugh :D

http://www.hawkin.com/36841-HBCURIOSITIESMEN/unusual-presents/unusual-presents-for-men/

uklego
11th December 2011, 06:42
What about one of these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Santa-Willy-Warmer-Adult-Secret-Santa-Gift-/200687234162?pt=UK_Collectables_WeirdStuff_RL&hash=item2eb9e42c72

oldvicar
11th December 2011, 08:34
What about one of these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Santa-Willy-Warmer-Adult-Secret-Santa-Gift-/200687234162?pt=UK_Collectables_WeirdStuff_RL&hash=item2eb9e42c72

Oh Dear - I simply had to press enlarge on the ebay photo to see it better.

'Seriously' though, how about some of the things here: http://www.hawkin.com/36841-HBGADGETSMENS/gadgets/mens-gadgets/ .

shopsomemore
11th December 2011, 15:32
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_8?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=ball+scratcher&sprefix=ball+scr

Some stuff there - but not too sure if its the right type - lol

lottery scratch cards

joaniemerc
11th December 2011, 16:08
I've bought my daughters' boyfriends large Space Hoppers!:D They are currently 1/2 price on Debenhams' website - 12.50 plus there is a 10% off code on MSE and also Quidco.

They are both a bit competitive and I can definitely see them racing up and down the road on them on Christmas Day - they are 21 and 22! Lol!-

sunflower
11th December 2011, 16:28
Thank you for all your ideas. Some very novel suggestions.

NitWit
11th December 2011, 17:39
I bought hubby a Kindle as his main pressie a couple of tshirts and an alarm clock. For silly items, a Morph coaster and Bookends (Play.com) which he will probably bring into work.

mummum123
12th December 2011, 07:55
What about one of these?

M nanna was a big bold funny lady, and this just brought back memories of her every year knitting them for the milkman, the postman and my dad cos he was a milkman too. :eek:

MrsSavvy
12th December 2011, 11:20
M nanna was a big bold funny lady, and this just brought back memories of her every year knitting them for the milkman, the postman and my dad cos he was a milkman too. :eek:

:D My mum knitted fingerless gloves for the milkman. She was a good country girl. LOL

Dominic
12th December 2011, 12:36

Were they all different sizes?!

M123
12th December 2011, 14:35
Like that.

mummum123
12th December 2011, 14:35

Actually she used to knit a variety of sizes for them to choose from, Oh I miss my nanna lol:D

oldvicar
12th December 2011, 22:14
This fellow was so deeply in love that just before he was married, he had his bride's name tattooed on a rather special part of his anatomy. Normally, only the first and last letters W-Y were visible, although when he was aroused, the tattoo spelled out W-E-N-D-Y. Now they're on their honeymoon at a resort in Montego Bay. One night, in the men's room, this fellow finds himself standing next to a tall Jamaican at the urinal.

To his amazement, he notices that this man, too, has the letters W-Y tattooed on his penis. "Excuse me," he says, "but I couldn't help noticing your tattoo. Do you have a girlfriend named Wendy?" to which the man replies "No way, I work for the Tourist board. Mine reads, 'Welcome to Jamaica, we have great beaches, and great sun. Have a nice daY.'"

MomaBee
12th December 2011, 22:58
Hahaha, cracked me up :D

tried to rep but can't sorry.

sunflower
12th December 2011, 23:58
I've bought my daughters' boyfriends large Space Hoppers!:D They are currently 1/2 price on Debenhams' website - 12.50 plus there is a 10% off code on MSE and also Quidco.

They are both a bit competitive and I can definitely see them racing up and down the road on them on Christmas Day - they are 21 and 22! Lol!-

Great Idea
I have just ordered two of these for the boys - would never have thought of this but should be good fun.

joaniemerc
13th December 2011, 15:21
Great!:D Hope we won't be paying trips to Casualty Dept on Christmas Day LOL!

Mine came this morning and they even come with a foot pump. Worked out at 10.?? each after discount.

mhoc
14th December 2011, 10:31
I am also having the same problem this year, as I do every year.

Youngest son has 3 books on his "wish" list and I've paid for one of his courses. Apart from that I am really stuck. He already has every single piece of climbing, canoeing, kayking, walking, outdoor sports gear possible, anything that has ever been invented and sold on ebay or Amazon - his bedroom is jammed packed and he is taking over his sisters as well.

Older son - not a clue yet but it has to be small enough to go into his hand luggage when he goes back after leave. At the moment he still has no phone and he is only online for about 30 seconds a day so discussing Christmas is impossible :D

And its his birthday this week as well :eek:

molly316
14th December 2011, 11:17
sodastream?

teatowell
14th December 2011, 16:33
Loved these ideas and might have to unashamedly steal some for hubby! We have a 20 limit each year and it is hard to always come up with new ideas for him.

johncoote69
16th December 2011, 23:57
Didnt red the whole thread - but just the headline - Tesco are doing this 2 for 20

Dominic
17th December 2011, 10:01
Doing 'this'? Doing what?!

mhoc
17th December 2011, 10:41
Sainsburys gifts have gone half price and there are a few items that might do. There is a useful wine diary if the chap is a wine buff. Also some of the beer/whisky/cider bottle and glasses sets look acceptable for the price.

Second Born
17th December 2011, 13:35
Doing 'this'? Doing what?!

The Inbetweeners DVD. That's what the title of the post says, but I think you have mentioned before you can't see post titles on your phone?

Dominic
17th December 2011, 20:03
Thanks - no Tapatalk doesnt show the individual post titles.

Wishes
18th December 2011, 21:30
I am also having the same problem this year, as I do every year.

Youngest son has 3 books on his "wish" list and I've paid for one of his courses. Apart from that I am really stuck. He already has every single piece of climbing, canoeing, kayking, walking, outdoor sports gear possible, anything that has ever been invented and sold on ebay or Amazon - his bedroom is jammed packed and he is taking over his sisters as well.

Older son - not a clue yet but it has to be small enough to go into his hand luggage when he goes back after leave. At the moment he still has no phone and he is only online for about 30 seconds a day so discussing Christmas is impossible :D

And its his birthday this week as well :eek:

A 3G Keyboard Kindle would be the ideal gift for your son. FREE 3G for life if he's in a 3G area + buy the books (or find them online) to go on there, The Kindle can be used for emailing and browsing the web - if you use mobile sites it's not that slow either. Newspapers download via Calibre to keep him up to date. Even if he can't get 3G where he is he might be able to get free Wi-Fi - in that case go for the Wi-Fi Keyboard version. I don't think a lot of people realise exactly HOW useful a Kindle is - It's FAR more than a damned good e-ink reader.

IF only Amazon would open up the microphone that's in there (can't see them doing it) then it would be an excellent alternative also to a landline with free skype to skype calls!