PDA

View Full Version : 25% off WYB 6 bottles of wine at Morrisons

tarnlyn
29th March 2012, 09:38
I called into my local Morrisons this morning and they are running a promotion for 25% off wyb 6 botttles of wine. I was going to call at Mr T's after work tonight for wine for my DIL's baby shower tonight but I bought it at Morrisons at 8.30 this morning - for some reason I felt quite wrong buying wine at that time in the morn.

oldvicar
30th March 2012, 04:49
Popped in for a loaf of bread and accidentally spent ?50 because of this offer. Naughty Morrisons !

I've seen elsewhere that the offer runs until Sunday (1st April), and that in the Sun on Sunday costing 50p there will be a ?5 off wys ?40 voucher. I'll be there to take advantage of the offer on several mutiples of 6 bottles - with the dearth of codes for Tesco wine I have to find a way to replenish the cellar!

Note that unlike other supermarkets the Morrisons offer applies only to multiples of 6 bottles, not to every bottle when you buy 6 or more (so buy 11 bottles for example and you only get the discount on 6). And it applies only to full bottles, or boxes of wine, not to the mini sized bottles which are included in eg Tesco offers.

I've worked out that if buying just wine (why waste money on food?) the optimum deal is with bottles of wine costing ?8.99, ?4.49, or (if you have the stomach for it) ?3. For example taking Isla Negra Merlot already half price:

12 @ ?4.49 = ?53.88
Less 25% = ?40.41
Sun Newspaper ?0.50 = ?40.91
Less ?5 voucher - ?35.91
= ?3 a bottle

Of course its possible to mix 'n' match - eg a bottle of champers and 5 bottles of plonk, or add other items to get just over the ?40 mark to use a voucher.

suki
1st April 2012, 16:52
Thanks for the heads up of buying in multiples of 6. Didn't know that but checking the receipt that is how Morrison's do it. Must have been caught out in the past and not realised it.

Cheers

oldvicar
1st April 2012, 21:10
Price Drop leaflets which came with Sunday papers today show that Tesco are having their Wine Festival 2012 starting tomorrow, 2 April.

One of their featured Wine Festival Price-Drops is the Isla Negra I mentioned above, which they have 'half price' at ?4.99.

So I can pay ?4.99 at Tesco from 2 April, less 5% for buying 6, or

?4.49 (50p less) at Morrisons (and less the ?5 Sun coupon where applicable) and less 25% for buying 6 before 2 April.

Tough Call.

Tesco: Helping you spend less every day ... by sending you hot foot to Morrisons ??

Waterfall
1st April 2012, 22:39
Tesco: Helping you spend less every day ... by sending you hot foot to Morrisons ??

:D The Tesco luvies will be defending them though. I am a supermarket tart and proud of it. I am driven by who sells the cheapest :o

winebuff
2nd April 2012, 18:28
I took advantage of the morisons wine offer and bought six bottles. Splashed out on some sancerre which was reduced as well. I also had a ?6 off when you spend ?50.:D
Thought of taking advantage of the free delivery with tesco, but with an increasingly reduced wine selection and never any exta points (i recieved a 5 off 40 today with the mag) i'm mostly doing my wine buying elsewhere these days.

Polo
2nd April 2012, 22:29
I tried to take advantage of this.... but got ID'd!!! (and no-I don't look that young, others can verify!)... ended up leaving nearly ?200 worth of stuff on the belt, was so cross lol

oldvicar
2nd April 2012, 22:50
I tried to take advantage of this.... but got ID'd!!! (and no-I don't look that young, others can verify!)... ended up leaving nearly ?200 worth of stuff on the belt, was so cross lol

Annoying as it is, that is a lovely thing to happen to a girl of a certain age.

But be warned, in a couple of years (or twenty) and long before your time some spotty youth will offer you OAP admission rates to something or other. Now that will really hurt the first time it happens, so relish your good looks whilst you can.