PDA

View Full Version : Ebay seller help needed please!!

bellab
10th April 2012, 09:17
Hi

I sold an item on ebay and when the buyer received it she decided it wasn't what she was looking for so I offered to refund the purchase price (but not postage) once I had received the item back.

I have now received the item back but I am struggling to work out how to provide the refund? I have tried through paypal but as it is linked to a credit card not a bank account it won't let me refund. I have now set up my bank details but it takes a while to process.

Is there another way of providing a partial refund through the ebay site not the paypal site? Also is there a way of claiming back my sellers fees?

Should I advise the buyer to open a return case in the resolution centre and if she does will it automatically refund her the full amount she paid including the postage?

I have tried ebay help but it isn't very clear as to what I should do as a seller - its more tailored towards the buyer.

Many thanks in advance :)

melroccan
10th April 2012, 11:11
Go to the transaction on Paypal, and on that page it will give you the option to refund, just click on it. After that, go to the Ebay items sold page, and click on 'report a problem' you will get the option to cancel the transaction as you and the buyer couldn't agree terms. The buyer will then be sent a message asking them to agree to the transaction being cancelled, but they will be advised not to agree unless they've had their refund which is why you do the refund first. Once they agree the transaction will be cancelled and you will get the seller fee back (and the Paypal refund will be net of the fee too).

bellab
11th April 2012, 10:37
Thats great. Thanks melroccan :)