PDA

View Full Version : Multicity(open Jaw) 241 Avios redemption

tyroleandancer
21st August 2012, 10:32
I understand if I want to book an open jaw redemption I have to ring BA and possibly pay the 30 pp fee for doing so :(

If I was to book LHR - YYZ (Toronto) YYZ - anywhere in the USA(any) any - LHR using a 241, F out CW back, how many Avios would I need please?
I know it's 100,000 for LHR - YYZ return but can't work the rest out.
Thank you

I hope that makes sense :o

PanGalactic
21st August 2012, 10:37
I understand if I want to book an open jaw redemption I have to ring BA and possibly pay the 30 pp fee for doing so :(

If I was to book LHR - YYZ (Toronto) YYZ - anywhere in the USA(any) any - LHR using a 241, F out CW back, how many Avios would I need please?
I know it's 100,000 for LHR - YYZ return but can't work the rest out.
Thank you

I hope that makes sense :o

You can only use the 241 on BA flights so this won't be possible as BA doesn't do internal US flights.

tyroleandancer
21st August 2012, 10:53
You can only use the 241 on BA flights so this won't be possible as BA doesn't do internal US flights.

ah there we are then, that's an end to that.
We could fly to Europe though? or anywhere except internal US?
Thank you

PanGalactic
21st August 2012, 10:56
ah there we are then, that's an end to that.
We could fly to Europe though? or anywhere except internal US?
Thank you

You could book an OJ 241 from london to toronto, then fly back to london from somewhere in the US but you would need to sort out the ticket from toronto to US separately from the 241.

malkie
21st August 2012, 12:07
As PanGalactic suggests; you can still use your 2-4-1 and avois to open jaw LON-YYZ then ???-LON, but fill in the middle yourself with a cheap 'domestic' flight.

IIRC you can clear US immigration when flying out of Canada, meaning you arrive in the US as a domestic passenger without the queues.

If you have remaining avios you can fly to Chicago, Dallas, LA, Miami, NYC (JFK or LGA), San Diego and San Francisco using your avois points with next to no taxes/fees to pay on American Airlines.

tyroleandancer
21st August 2012, 16:34
Thanks both :) off to plan:D

JANED9388
21st August 2012, 16:53
possibly best not to do as we did and try to drive from Canada to USA rather than fly. Immigration in the car seemed quite speedy till we got to the front of the line and then got sent off into another building to queue on foot. 3 hours later..........

tyroleandancer
21st August 2012, 17:07
Quite fancy Toronto to Las Vegas for 27,500 Avios plus 47.30 pp :)

malkie
22nd August 2012, 09:49
sounds ok if you are 'avios rich', but you can often get domestic one-ways in the US (and from Canada) for ~$150. Makes your 27.5k avios 'worth' about 45