PDA

View Full Version : Asda Christmas Grottos

Second Born
30th August 2012, 20:11
I came home from Tesco today (30 August) and moaned to OH about the fact that Christmas tubs of chocolates are already on display.

OH informed me that Asda already has Christmas grottos up in some stores! They claim it is to encourage cash strapped consumers to start saving for Christmas now.

heatherks
30th August 2012, 20:50
bought some tubs of celebrations & quality street in tesco the other day reduced to ?5

our card store has had Christmas cards on display since middle August and two places in Edinburgh have their tree's and decorations up already .....a bit too early i think

markat
30th August 2012, 21:04
Far too early. I like to plan but only buy 4 presents.

Second Born
30th August 2012, 22:04
Yes, way too early for me too. Though perhaps I'm a bit of a hypocrit as I went in to buy the 20p Robinsons mincemeat that Dom mentioned in one of his posts. :rolleyes:

In my defence I can only say the mincemeat is good until July 2015 and OH absolutely adores mince pies and will happily eat them year round.

Dominic
31st August 2012, 08:52
Mince pies are like dogs...

jharvey
31st August 2012, 09:23
I came home from Tesco today (30 August) and moaned to OH about the fact that Christmas tubs of chocolates are already on display.

OH informed me that Asda already has Christmas grottos up in some stores! They claim it is to encourage cash strapped consumers to start saving for Christmas now.

Isn't it funny how we all think we can only eat the big tubs of chocolate at Christmas! Like they are a guilty pleasure!! I think you can buy and eat them anytime of the year. Well I do ;)
Chocolate is for life not just for Christmas!!!

heatherks
31st August 2012, 09:35
Isn't it funny how we all think we can only eat the big tubs of chocolate at Christmas! Like they are a guilty pleasure!! I think you can buy and eat them anytime of the year. Well I do ;)
i bought one for my daughters birthday next week ... but i think although they are available all year stores only really promote them for christmas

Dominic
31st August 2012, 09:43
Families come together at Christmas though. Two adults are unlikely to munch through a big tin of chocs (unless they are greedy biffas) but throw a few more and some kids in the mix....

Second Born
1st September 2012, 15:12

Lol, I don't need an excuse to eat chocolate, but I do tend to leave the big tubs until Christmas. I will pick some up in the after Christmas sale sometimes and bring one out when there's a special occasion or we are having friends or family round who can help us eat them.

Today I saw Cadbury's Wish Stars, Magic Elves and Snow Bites in my Morrison's petrol station. It still too early for me!!