PDA

View Full Version : when can I relist ...?

mhoc
29th October 2012, 13:39
I know there are some very experienced sellers on PTS so I just wondered if I could ask for some advice.

I sold an item 8 days ago and inevitably it was to a non-payer (I should really have cancelled the bid as soon as I saw it, the day before the sale closed, they had 0 feedback :()
Anyway I have gone through the ebay non payer process and tonight I can close the sale.

Please can I ask can I relist the item straight away? Will I have to pay relisting fees? It was orginally listed on a free weekend so no fees for the original sale.

Also once the case is closed can the buyer leave me negative feedback?

I know that as a seller I can only have positive feedback :( but I wondered if it was acceptable for me to put something like "no payment, no communication" or whatever in block capitals. Or would that be removed?

The buyer has since made 2 purchases (not even sure what these items are) on the 26th which I think were BINS so I am assuming that he has a functioning paypal account

grunnie
29th October 2012, 15:06
I usually put NON PAYING BIDDER as feedback and then block them from bidding on my other items. You can relist any time but I usually wait for the next free listing weekend so as not to pay listing fees.
If a buyer gets 2 nonpaying strikes against them they will no longer be able to buy anything as most sellers have their settings set to exclude anyone with 2 or more nonpayments.
The last time I left nonpaying bidder as feeback and watched this buyer for a while they received another 2 feedbacks the same so I wasn't the only seller who had bother.
If they leave you a negative then just phone ebay and they will remove it.

Pandoraskids
29th October 2012, 17:21
I don't think non-payers are able to leave feedback now either

dtm15
30th October 2012, 01:57
I know there are some very experienced sellers on PTS so I just wondered if I could ask for some advice.

I sold an item 8 days ago and inevitably it was to a non-payer (I should really have cancelled the bid as soon as I saw it, the day before the sale closed, they had 0 feedback :()
Anyway I have gone through the ebay non payer process and tonight I can close the sale.

Please can I ask can I relist the item straight away? Will I have to pay relisting fees? It was orginally listed on a free weekend so no fees for the original sale.

Also once the case is closed can the buyer leave me negative feedback?

I know that as a seller I can only have positive feedback :( but I wondered if it was acceptable for me to put something like "no payment, no communication" or whatever in block capitals. Or would that be removed?

The buyer has since made 2 purchases (not even sure what these items are) on the 26th which I think were BINS so I am assuming that he has a functioning paypal account

You can relist the item straight away. Yes if you list it and it is not a free listing weekend you will have to pay the usual listing fees, it doesn't matter when it was originally listed. Once you have closed the case the buyer can leave you positive feedback if they want to but not negative or neutral feedback. It's not worth leaving a comment like "no payment, no communication" and a positive rating because who looks at a buyers feedback rating when they have all positive feedback and if the buyer complained to ebay then it would be removed and your 'policy compliance' rating would go to 'low' and would take 6 months to go back to high. Any future policy breaches during those 6 months would probably result in action being taken on your account for example selling restrictions such as only being able to list 30 listings per month and not being able to take part in any promotions like the free listing weekends.

mhoc
30th October 2012, 10:10
thanks for all of the useful info, I've now closed the sale and we are thinking of relisting tonight on a 5 day listing.

I am fuming this morning. Just checked this persons feedback and they bought on the 20th a very similar item but paid an extra 30 for it beyond the ammount - also had to collect it from even further away. If he had said he had changed his mind then at least I could have cancelled the sale a week ago.

As you say you just have to build a bridge and get over it and move onto the next thing. It was something I was selling for youngest son and he could have done with the money - only got one shift last month. But hopefully it might be a better weekend.

I have added the user name to the "blocked bidders" list at the top of the page if anyone would like to update their ebay lists.

kipperkk
31st October 2012, 22:03
thanks for all of the useful info, I've now closed the sale and we are thinking of relisting tonight on a 5 day listing.

I am fuming this morning. Just checked this persons feedback and they bought on the 20th a very similar item but paid an extra 30 for it beyond the ammount - also had to collect it from even further away. If he had said he had changed his mind then at least I could have cancelled the sale a week ago.

As you say you just have to build a bridge and get over it and move onto the next thing. It was something I was selling for youngest son and he could have done with the money - only got one shift last month. But hopefully it might be a better weekend.

I have added the user name to the "blocked bidders" list at the top of the page if anyone would like to update their ebay lists.

Free listing 3rd and 4th Nov.