PDA

View Full Version : Free printers from ijt direct ?

highlander33
1st November 2012, 08:33
www.ijtdirect.co.uk

Just wondering if anyone has gone for these deals where you can get a printer "free" as long as you buy a few sets of inks or toner for the selected printer ( 8 to select from ) ?

I like the look of the Epson Stylus SX435W ( wireless 3in1 colour printer, copier and scanner )

BUT, you have to buy 4 sets of IJT cartridges ( 87-84 ) plus delivery cost of 6-95, making a total of 94-79.....

The cost of the carts/toner can be higher or lower than above depending upon which of the printers you go for..

Advice appreciated ! Ta

elainemn
1st November 2012, 10:03
www.ijtdirect.co.uk

Just wondering if anyone has gone for these deals where you can get a printer "free" as long as you buy a few sets of inks or toner for the selected printer ( 8 to select from ) ?

I like the look of the Epson Stylus SX435W ( wireless 3in1 colour printer, copier and scanner )

BUT, you have to buy 4 sets of IJT cartridges ( 87-84 ) plus delivery cost of 6-95, making a total of 94-79.....

The cost of the carts/toner can be higher or lower than above depending upon which of the printers you go for..

Advice appreciated ! Ta

I picked this printer up in double up last ime. Think I exchange 20 to get it. We buy the ink from ebay far cheaper than this. It is not the proper ink but works fine for us.

Bikertov
1st November 2012, 10:46
This was a popular way of marketing printers a good few years ago.

Typically, it is cheaper to get a printer wlsewhere on a deal (that comes with cartridges) than an offer like this where they sell you the printer without cartridges, then charge you a premium for what actually comes in the box anyway.

Wishes
1st November 2012, 10:49
I picked up a super Canon all-in-one from Canons ebay site - supposed to be refurbished but looks & acts like new - for 12.99. The inks to refill are around 10 a set or less on ebay or you can use the bulk refill system. Canon I've found are remarkably reliable workhorses and very cheap on ink. I've had Epsom and the dreaded Lexmark (what a load of carp!) but after making those costly mistakes went back to Canon & wouldn't buy anything else now.
We used to get through 2-4 reams (1000-2000 sheets) of printing every weekend and a Canon lasted us at least 3 yrs - now that's a workhorse!

Ink cartridges from ebay too. Haven't bought any for 1yr+ as we are more 'normal' users now. The only thing about the knock off cartridges is the printer keeps telling you you are out of ink when you are not - hit the resume button and you'll get another few weeks even months out of them.

highlander33
2nd November 2012, 09:15
Cheers for the feedback all :-)

Not such a good offer after all then, will look elsewhere as suggested.

Thanks again !

hog boss
2nd November 2012, 11:57
I was offered some wall hand cleaners, the self same principle ; If I bought the refills they would supply the machines on the wall. The cost of the refills were VERY expensive. This needs a bit of homework on the costings!!!!
It looks like you have made up your mind now anyway.:D