PDA

View Full Version : Do You Cruise Or Career Towards Christmas?

uklego
19th December 2012, 09:17
Do You Cruise Or Career Towards Christmas?

I have been cruising towards Christmas until today but now I'm in panic mode :behindsofa:

There is SO much to do :eek:

So as Christmas is just 6 days away, how ready are you?

Georgie
19th December 2012, 09:46
by Friday night I had done nothing, now all cards have been send (managed to catch the last day of 2nd class :clap2:), tree up and decorated. All presents bought and wrapped although a few still to be collected from Next (I am too tight to pay for delivery). only the food left to buy now and think I am going to blow my nectar points on a turkey from sainsburys so I feel like I am not spending money. Just hope I can get one for 68,000 points.

suziq
19th December 2012, 09:47
i'm a cruiser but start early, aug prob
our xmas is satdy, hubby and i have had a chat and been to sainsbobs last night

it's coming ready not not lol, panic will just wear u out and shorten ure temper nd life expectancy!

beckieboop
19th December 2012, 09:52
i used to panic every year and rush around like a mad woman, now i cruise!
presents are done, tree is up just the food shop to do now.
i may well change to a panicer in the next couple of days as we are away doing the xmas family visit down south for the weekend so 2 missing days to get shopping and as monday is xmas eve i will probably be running round the way too busy supermarket getting the things ive forgotten!
whos idea was it to visit the weekend before xmas instead of during the holiday week???? oh yeh that was mine arghhhhhhhhhhh lol!
no seriously no panic for me, if its not done its not done! its only a day !
bex xx

msjg
19th December 2012, 09:57
It's only a day lol :behindsofa:
I moved last Monday so my life been in boxes for a couple of weeks, Christmas as been the last thing on my mind.
I did Wang a tree up last night before my daughter comes home for a weeks holiday on Sat.
I've not made a cake this year:eek: oh said I've ruined chrismas and what will he have in his lunch box in Jan:rolleyes:
Not sending cards this year,its my main stress every year, normal service may resume next year:D
I only realised Christmas was next Tuesday yesterday:shocked:

Waterfall
19th December 2012, 09:59
Present shopping done, tree and decorations up, spare beds stripped and bedding washed, doing big food shop at one stop shop M&S on 22nd. I get up at 6 and am in M&S by 6.30am and home by 8.30 unpacked :fridge: and drinking a cuppa :tea: It works for me.

Stay calm it's only Christimas :icon_wink:

Waterfall
19th December 2012, 10:02
It's only a day lol :behindsofa:

That is so true msjg :) Hope you have a lovely day in your new home :hug:

M&S near us is open Boxing Day ...

tyroleandancer
19th December 2012, 10:05
Cruiser here! It's a Glorified Sunday roast. I don't send cards, visit those important to me and ring a few others :)
Children have never had everything they asked for so I have never dashed around for those elusive must haves.
Oh dear I sound like a grump lol

Ladyshopper
19th December 2012, 10:16
I always buy through the year. Glad to be organised as had surgery last week, then got a horrible cough/cold and so have barely left the house all week. Did a food shop on Monday, first time I had gone out nice getting back from hospital, and felt so ill.

Don't have to worry about Christmas dinner as go to my in laws. Tree is up. Main thing now is wrapping presents.

Made in Devon
19th December 2012, 10:19
Cruised through it this year, working full time so praise be for online shopping.... not a lot of money at all to spend but this year it hasn't been a problem, by Friday the kids will both be home from uni -seeing my other daughter and her family on Boxing day, food shopping over the weekend... that's the bit I am dreading - the crowds and the cost!

salsa
19th December 2012, 10:31
Every year I say I will be more organised the next year & I never am !!. I've even given up glitching for 3 weeks as it's just too much.

Finding it a bit hard this year working evenings and not sleeping till about 1 am, yesterday I wanted to have a sleep but had to start wrapping pressies and same again today - but am enjoying the extra cash and not being tight this year. (how do full time working mums do it!!)

I have spent far more than I usually do on the kids but with the job and and a PPI payout I'm thinking what the hell - I may be skint again this time next year and I've done 13 years frugally - this year is a one off.

Finish work on Thursday night, this is when I will breathe,relax and start to enjoy it. Pantomime on Friday (3 x 30 tickets all paid for with clubcard - can't wait to see Louie Spence!!), outdoor ice skating on saturday and maybe cinema on Sunday.

Whatever everyone is doing, careering or cruising I wish all my PTS friends a very happy and peaceful Christmas and a prosperous, filled with glitches New Year.

Salsa

grunnie
19th December 2012, 10:40
I cruise. A few years back I started following flylady which is very American in style but has some great ideas. Her best idea for Christmas is to pretend you are away the whole of December so you have to organise Christmas before that. It works for me and leads to a very peaceful December.
She takes a room each week of the month and gives you a 10 minute cleaning and tidying thing to do that day. It works for me as I want a really tidy clean home but don't want to spend all day cleaning. :D
http://www.flylady.net/d/cruising-through-the-holidays/

salsa
19th December 2012, 10:43
I cruise. A few years back I started following flylady which is very American in style but has some great ideas. Her best idea for Christmas is to pretend you are away the whole of December so you have to organise Christmas before that. It works for me and leads to a very peaceful December.
She takes a room each week of the month and gives you a 10 minute cleaning and tidying thing to do that day. It works for me as I want a really tidy clean home but don't want to spend all day cleaning. :D
http://www.flylady.net/d/cruising-through-the-holidays/

lol - I discovered Flylady a few years back - but too disorganised to keep up with it !!!!

Matty17r
19th December 2012, 13:14
Definitely a cruiser - as other posters have said its only a day. Going to my ds and dil for christmas day - will help them as much as possible. Got family coming for boxing day but certainly not getting in a stress about it.

Dominic
19th December 2012, 17:14
Only a day? There are 12 days of Christmas

oldvicar
19th December 2012, 17:34
Do I Cruise? Do I Career? No. I sort of Crash in to Christmas. Or rather it crashes in to me.

As usual I start with the best intentions of being well organised, then it sneaks up quietly behind me and bites me in the bum.

I sort of have in mind that it happens at the end of the month/year. And then 3 weeks in to December reality strikes. But I am a little ahead this year - all cards sent ages ago, and I've bought so few presents I should get them all wrapped on Friday (at least that's the plan) rather than having to do some early morning on the 25th as has happened sometimes.

Lost a bit of focus on Xmas preparations in the past few days and have instead spent ages booking a Spring/Summer 2013 holiday. :clap2: Well at least that will beat the post Christmas scramble.

:xmas-smiley-037:

winebuff
19th December 2012, 18:05
I really dont understand why people get in to a panic about christmas. It's only a day:D I love christmas, and really have a chilled and relaxed time. Lots of lovely food and drink, Time off work/ away from usual routine. What's there to stress about.:) We had a curry one year. It was fab. Might do the same this year. Thinking of going away somewhere hot next year funds permitting.

Dominic
19th December 2012, 18:10
I really dont understand why people get in to a panic about christmas. It's only a day:D.

There are 12 days of Christmas :rolleyes: Seriously though, I agree. It's supposed to be a relaxed time, people go absolutely stupid in the supermarkets and spend a stupid anount of money and waste so much food. People buying crates and crates of beer and bottles and bottles of spirits too - Bonkers.

Gizmos
19th December 2012, 18:40
christmas - bah humbug - as am getting older its just another day - parents are going abroad as per the last 20 years (give or take missing an odd one) am jealous - lol they got a FUll Board Deal in Canaries at 4 star hotel for 250 (thats for both of them!!!)

me well working till 7pm Xmas Eve and then back in again on Boxing Day if needed - else it be the day after until 11pm on New Years Eve

Second Born
19th December 2012, 21:13
The cards are done, the tree is up and I've finished the present shopping. Still waiting for a couple to arrive and still need to wrap most of them.

I have barely started on the baking (apart from the cake which I did at the end of October and have been feeding with brandy ever since). So I'll spend the weekend baking up a storm.

But I'm taking tonight off!

Wishes
20th December 2012, 05:04
Cruiser here too. We have a cooked dinner about 5 times a week so I'll just add some stuffing balls, roast potatoes and pigs in blankets. Have half a, well fed with brandy, matured since February, Christmas cake (from Delia last Christmas).

Not sure what meat we're going to have - whatever whoopsied we can find - however I've beef, chicken and ham in freezer if we don't find anything.
Not going to stress it at all.

Already started calling friends we haven't seen in a while - I don't do cards & haven't done in years, since mum passed and I was always drafted in to write & send her cards - all 200+ of them! Swore after she passed I'd never do that again!

Family is in US so they will get calls & hopefully Skype on Christmas day or maybe day before or after, depending on where they are going. My family (cousins) here will get calls this weekend & we'll meet up over the hols when we'll inundate them with our Asda choccy & biscuits specials - which I shouldn't have bought.

A relaxing Christmas IF we're still all here after Friday :D - my husbands' 60th birthday- he was born on 21st Dec 1952 at 5.11pm in US - which is 11.11GMT - the EXACT time the Mayan calandar ends according to many.:eek:

Merry Christmas everyone & if we don't make it have a happy rapture or end of the world as we know it time. :D:cheerleader5:

markat
20th December 2012, 22:33
Criused it too, two gifts to wrap, gammon and veg to buy but all else done here.