PDA

View Full Version : 2013 - Ebay Challenges .....

Gizmos
20th January 2013, 14:13
Aiming for at least 100 per month from ebay starting as of NOW .....

grunnie
20th January 2013, 16:07
Haven't done any ebaying since end October but will start again. Put me down for 100 a month. I have a few cupboards and drawers need tidying and loads of shoes to sort out. Am buying new carpets for 3 bedrooms so will list as I move stuff.:D as it is not all going back in again to just sit and not be worn and wait for me to loose weight..

Lou2000
20th January 2013, 16:42
I will set myself a target of 500 for the whole year.

Don't have much left to sell, kids are older now so less toys to get rid of and my Dad has finished dumping his junk on me from his declutter. Have loads of clothes to sort through but we are not brand name people so will have to car boot most of them with the remaining odds and ends.

dawn1
20th January 2013, 21:38
i started ebaying at the start of january
i have made a profit of 71 up to yet
with quite a few more bits listed
i would to make it 125 this month

lrb76
21st January 2013, 12:15
Can I join too please. I made over 500 in the 2 weeks leading up to xmas but lost my mojo so I need to get it back. My monthly target is 200.

Can I just ask - is there anyone who usually lists via buy it now rather than auction and if so how do you think you get in in comparison? I'm considering paying the fees :eek: and giving it a go.

addictedtosaving
21st January 2013, 12:19
I will aim to make 50 profit per month. Will probably do better at the start of the year but overall aiming for 600 in 2013.

zoebusher
21st January 2013, 13:35
Can I join too please. I made over 500 in the 2 weeks leading up to xmas but lost my mojo so I need to get it back. My monthly target is 200.

Can I just ask - is there anyone who usually lists via buy it now rather than auction and if so how do you think you get in in comparison? I'm considering paying the fees :eek: and giving it a go.

I always list buy it nows, now I'm a business seller with a shop so it costs me 15 a month fixed plus 10p per item. Early on I decided to list items for a little more than I hoped for and include free UK P&P. I always use recorded delivery.

Overall I think it works well, I usually have about 80 items listed and sell 20/30 per week. I live a 2 minute walk from a small Post Office and visit it most days. I think there is less of a tendency to check eBay every 2 minutes with buy it now. Oh I forgot to say almost all my items are or best offer but I am always surprised how many people just pay the full price straight off.

Its annoying when you go away with buy it nows as you have to cancel the listings. When you have a shop you can use holiday settings which is much better.

dawn1
1st February 2013, 21:43
how have you all done this month ?

i have had a good one :D

i have made a profit of 260 :)

so doubled my target

i am going for a profit of 150 for february

Lou2000
1st February 2013, 23:53
42 profit for me this month....
Only another 458 to go for the year....lol

sunflower
19th February 2013, 09:47
Just made a mistake, when I took parcel to the post office - It was 5.30 - whoops I undercharged on the postage.

Still made 31 this month so pleased with that.

A quick question, is it worth selling at 99p ? A few things to list, but if they do not fetch more than 99p I was thinking by the time you pay ebay final fee charges and pay pal charges and the hassle of the post office queue it is not worth it.

mhoc
19th February 2013, 10:27
Just made a mistake, when I took parcel to the post office - It was 5.30 - whoops I undercharged on the postage.

Still made 31 this month so pleased with that.

A quick question, is it worth selling at 99p ? A few things to list, but if they do not fetch more than 99p I was thinking by the time you pay ebay final fee charges and pay pal charges and the hassle of the post office queue it is not worth it.

If you are clutter clearing selling anything is better than nothing and it also gets you a few more positive feedbacks.

But a 99p item will cost 44p in final selling and paypal fees so unless you add this to the cost of postage your 99p item is actually worth 55p.

Say for instance you are wardrobe clearing and you sell a dress for 99p. Postage could be 2.70 as it would go parcel rate so with the 44p and a small ammount to cover your wrapping, time and the trip to the PO the postage could reasonably be 3.50, unless you want to send everything signed for which is another 80p on top.

So 3.50 postage for a 99p item looks way out of proportion so far better to sell only small light flat things that could go for the large letter rate

dtm15
19th February 2013, 23:09
If you are clutter clearing selling anything is better than nothing and it also gets you a few more positive feedbacks.

But a 99p item will cost 44p in final selling and paypal fees so unless you add this to the cost of postage your 99p item is actually worth 55p.

Say for instance you are wardrobe clearing and you sell a dress for 99p. Postage could be 2.70 as it would go parcel rate so with the 44p and a small ammount to cover your wrapping, time and the trip to the PO the postage could reasonably be 3.50, unless you want to send everything signed for which is another 80p on top.

So 3.50 postage for a 99p item looks way out of proportion so far better to sell only small light flat things that could go for the large letter rate

It would make more sense to send such a low value item 2nd class for 2.20 rather than pay 2.70 for 1st class?

mhoc
20th February 2013, 09:01
It would make more sense to send such a low value item 2nd class for 2.20 rather than pay 2.70 for 1st class?

Very good point actually, will remember this.

I tend to use 1st class usually so things are in and through the postal system in the least ammount of time the theory being the longer they are in a sorting office the more chance of going missing.

dawn1
20th February 2013, 18:12
i use 2nd class all the time now
and dont have any more "items lost in the post!! " then i did when i used 1st class

dtm15
20th February 2013, 21:53
I don't think it makes any difference whether you send it 2nd or 1st class, it will depend on the honesty of the person you sent it to whether it gets 'lost' or not.

grunnie
24th February 2013, 15:39
Didn't manage 100 this month but 97.70 after my fees were paid was a good enough try for me:D
Taking the chance to list loads of not solds this weekend as free listing.

mhoc
24th February 2013, 19:45
Just wondered if anyone else is having problems relisting tonight?

I am relisting in small batches of similar things with maybe 5 or 10 mins between each batch but Ive just had a look at my now active list and everything is all jumbled together all higgly piggly.

Hopefully it will all right itself in the morning but its so annoying, hate my active list looking like this

grunnie
31st March 2013, 17:16
Have had 3 nonpayers this month one of them even left postive feedback. Didn't know you could do that till you pay. But still managed near the 100 I tried for. Will take a month off next month and then list my summer stuff in May. Or should I list it now? When does everyone else list summer clothes? A bit wary after hearing the cost of postage will be up.

Dominic
31st March 2013, 19:39
Have had 3 nonpayers this month one of them even left postive feedback. Didn't know you could do that till you pay.

It's if people pay by cheque or cash it wouldn't know that so has to be manually marked as paid by the seller. However to make the system simpler it allows you leave feedback, as you may have paid by cash or cheque then not been happy with the item and the seller could effectively block your neutral or negative feedback by not marking it as paid.

kipperkk
31st March 2013, 19:52
Non payers can leave feedback until an unpaid item case has been closed. Once this happens ebay block them from leaving feedback and they receive a strike.