PDA

View Full Version : BA AMEX, start date query ?

Georgie
6th May 2013, 16:19
I'm just finally going through my paperwork and am having trouble easily working out the start date from which my three months commences to trigger the bonus AVIOS if I meet the required spend.

Is it the date I applied, the date I got the acceptance letter, of the date I started using it?

I would be grateful if anyone knows if they would post.

zoebusher
6th May 2013, 17:23
Log onto your amex account and on the full website you can click on '2055 Avois to be added' on the right hand side of the screen. That takes you to a breakdown of how you have earned the Avios, on a column on the righthand side there is a part that says something like 2500 spent, 7500 still to spend by 20/03/2014 to qualify for 241 voucher. That date is a year afer you opened the account

Georgie
6th May 2013, 18:17
Thanks Zoe. I don't operate my account on-line I just get a paper bill each month and send them a cheque, so I guess that's why I am struggling.

I have got a BA exec account though which is showing a year end date so I am guessing that if I work back 12 months that will be when the account started, so three months from that is when I need to have put 3000 spend through. No idea if I am going to manage to spend enough to trigger the 2 4 1 as I'm not prepared to spend for the sake of it so just need to go with the flow, but the introductory bonus would be good.

I haven't got time to buy 2000 of euros for home delivery and then recycle them back etc like a load of the fanatics do, I just can't be arised.

If if doesn't work them I will kill the card off at the end of year one.

I've repped you for your help, didn't know if I would get a reply on a bank hol, everyone round here seems to be BBQ ing

zoebusher
6th May 2013, 18:44
Have you seen the stuff on Head for Points about buying the 3V visa credit cards, you can buy with your amex then use to pay Council Tax, Eon, Sky all online and even although you already have Direct Debits set up with them. If you can find them in Tesco you will also get 150 points per 50, and this week they would help towards a 10p of fuel voucher.
We have an Amex each and are working to try to get 2 241's to use next summer. Hope to do Business class to Miami for 4 of us.

zoebusher
6th May 2013, 18:50
Sorry, just ring the number on the back of your card and ask, they have really helpful customer service!

Georgie
6th May 2013, 18:51
Thnks Zoe, they actually have them in my T's I saw them yesterday when I got some homebase ones. I must be difficult to please on this as I pay all of my bills by DD have done so for years, so would need to go through the process of cancelling all that to use these visa cards. I'm sure some of the company's would mess me about as well as they just love people paying by DD, all I see is endless phone calls and arguments to get the DDs cancelled.:( I think I have met the 3 month spend anyway just on Tesco petrol n grocerys :( plus a few meals out.

Georgie
6th May 2013, 19:07
OMG it was midnight tonight and I did it by about 30 quid :jaw:

It starts from when they process your application, not when you trigger the card.

They are so so helpful.

zoebusher
6th May 2013, 19:21
Thnks Zoe, they actually have them in my T's I saw them yesterday when I got some homebase ones. I must be difficult to please on this as I pay all of my bills by DD have done so for years, so would need to go through the process of cancelling all that to use these visa cards. I'm sure some of the company's would mess me about as well as they just love people paying by DD, all I see is endless phone calls and arguments to get the DDs cancelled.:( I think I have met the 3 month spend anyway just on Tesco petrol n grocerys :( plus a few meals out.

You don't have to cancel DDs you are just making additional payments. When I spoke to my council tax offfice, they said I could leave alone and the overpayment reduce the last payment of the year, else ring them and they recalculate it. My DH isn't over keen but he wants the nice flights !

Georgie
6th May 2013, 23:44
Thanks Zoe I didn't realise you could do that.