PDA

View Full Version : Buying McFly Tickets - PTS Help Please

uklego
13th June 2013, 19:27
My DD2 REALLY wants to see McFly and they are releasing two more dates on Saturday morning at 9am on 3 websites - The Royal Albert Hall, Live Nation and Ticketmaster.

My DD2 rarely asks for things so I would really like to treat her. I'm sure it will be a scrum for tickets so any advice on how to be one step ahead of the crowd would be very much appreciated :love:

zoebusher
13th June 2013, 19:56
If you have an amex card their preferred tickets thing seems to give more availability than plain ticketmaster.
Try on all your devices at the same time, desktop, laptops, ipads, phones.

Georgie
13th June 2013, 20:03
I haven't tried AMEX, but when we have been trying to get Reading tickets four of us are logged on at the same time on different devices in case one gets through a nanosecond before t'other. You need to be together so that you don't end up with too many tickets (fat chance of that for Reading)

Polo
13th June 2013, 20:19
I managed to get take that tickets by logging into ticketmaster.ie - exactly the same site and payment in normal , no extras but was running slightly faster than the normal one. Also log into your account early and have the appropriate page up ready and refresh exactly as they go on sale.
Good luck :)

uklego
13th June 2013, 23:09
Thanks for all your excellent advice - I am really grateful :D

pumpkin
13th June 2013, 23:51
Having just survived the One Direction ticket frenzy, I would say try anyone other than Ticketmaster - as that's who everyone tries and it gets completely jammed.

But have as many pcs, ipads, phones etc on the go and on different sites.

And good luck, it's really stressful, I feel your pain :)

Ladyshopper
14th June 2013, 09:00
My dd was gutted, as we were away on a cruise when the one direction tickets were released. She asked her dad to try and get some, but he forgot ( couldn't be bothered more like! ).

uklego
15th June 2013, 11:09
:bounce016:

Fantastic news

:wave1:

We got the tickets for Saturday and Sunday - she is SO made up. We are now going to make a weekend of it in London

Thank you PTSers - you're awesome

:pts-cheer:

P.S. Our best tickets were bought on ticketmaster.ie - thanks Polo :love:

Ladyshopper
15th June 2013, 11:20
Well done Lego. :clap2:

I used the .ie site a few years ago for take that tickets. It's a great tip.

pumpkin
15th June 2013, 12:13
well done, and thanks for the .ie tip - I will also remember that one for the future

Polo
15th June 2013, 13:24
Woo hoo thats fantastic news - did I tell you I had to come too, as part of helping you get tickets :cool:

Have a super mummy and daughter time :love:

tyroleandancer
15th June 2013, 13:31
Brilliant :)

boysmum
15th June 2013, 18:45
That's great, my son's sat with two laptops this morning they got tickets for the Sunday x

uklego
22nd September 2013, 11:54
:bounce016:

Fantastic news

:wave1:

We got the tickets for Saturday and Sunday - she is SO made up. We are now going to make a weekend of it in London

Thank you PTSers - you're awesome

:pts-cheer:

P.S. Our best tickets were bought on ticketmaster.ie - thanks Polo :love:

Just another update - we are staying at the Teddington Travelodge which is fab and I am tethering my laptop to my mobile.

My daughter thoroughly enjoyed the concert last night with her standing tickets but can't wait to go again tonight as she is a few rows away from the stage

Thanks once again to everyone who made this weekend so magical for my 17 year old :love:

markat
22nd September 2013, 13:55
Sounds fab, thanks for the update, I am very jealous!

Georgie
22nd September 2013, 15:24
Just another update - we are staying at the Teddington Travelodge which is fab and I am tethering my laptop to my mobile.

My daughter thoroughly enjoyed the concert last night with her standing tickets but can't wait to go again tonight as she is a few rows away from the stage

Thanks once again to everyone who made this weekend so magical for my 17 year old :love:

Brilliant so pleased it worked out for your DD, really good when a plan comes together :D makes all the organisation and angst worthwhile.