PDA

View Full Version : How long to allow for payment ?

highlander33
30th August 2013, 08:01
First time I have had this issue on ebay....

Been selling some low-value stuff ( Olympic 50p's )

Just got one person, where they won auction on 25/08, and no payment yet.

Have sent payment invoice out.

How long do you give people to pay, and what do you do to remind them, just send message presumably ?

I know they might have just forgotten or maybe on hols this time of year.

cyberbob1uk
30th August 2013, 08:50
I generally give them 7 - 10 days and just send a little reminder through ebay after 7 days if need be

highlander33
30th August 2013, 08:51
Yep that sounds a plan, cheers Bob !

suki
30th August 2013, 09:14
I put in my listing

'Payment within 3 day please'

On the whole I find it works

If not I send them a message after 7 days

Dominic
30th August 2013, 09:19
I put in my listing

'Payment within 3 day please'

On the whole I find it works

If not I send them a message after 7 days

Most people pay within a day and certainly 3 days anyway. I wouldn't give them a week unless they have had the courtesy to message before bidding explaining they will be away and ask if late payment will be ok.

cyberbob1uk
30th August 2013, 09:24
I wouldn't give them a week unless they have had the courtesy to message before bidding explaining they will be away and ask if late payment will be ok.

I remember your good lady agreeing to wait almost 2 weeks for me to pay for some Jovi shirts as I was skint and waiting for payday - excellent service

Dominic
30th August 2013, 09:27
I remember your good lady agreeing to wait almost 2 weeks for me to pay for some Jovi shirts as I was skint and waiting for payday - excellent service

I don't mind at all if people ask and maybe explain Bob. It's the ones who win then don't make any contact then pay (again without contact or explanation) a week later that really annoy me.

whisky
30th August 2013, 10:06
I have ebay assistant activated to email the buyer after 2 days of winning the item if still not paid.
Find too many buyers dont pay unless you push them a little or get ebay involved.

heatherks
30th August 2013, 17:24
i usually send another invoive after 3 days and a message l after 7 days

i paid for something last week only for a lady to emailed me after 3 days ..( not through ebay using my email address ) asking if there was a problem with me paying for item id won ... i had paypal invoice saying id paid it and sign was showing on my account ...she said she hadnt recieved any notification from paypal or ebay

highlander33
30th August 2013, 19:17
How are you wording your " chasing up payment " messages ?

Gotta stay polite to keep the feedback 100% I guess ......

Dominic
30th August 2013, 19:28
I tend to send first after three days to say along lines of 'thanks for winning my auction for xyz. I would appreciate prompt payment so I can send this off to you today or tomorrow, many thanks'

If no response then I'd follow this up two days later by an eBay non paying bidder notice.