PDA

View Full Version : Delayed Avios flight

tyroleandancer
11th September 2013, 21:57
Meant to be flying at 18.15 not looking good for tonight :(
Back in the B lounge

Irishsmurfy
11th September 2013, 21:59
If delayed over 3 hours don't forget you can you claim for delayed flight. I'm sure you'd prefer to get on your hols but free flight next year might help the pain...................

Enjoy your hols!! I'm around the corner if you want to pop out for dinner or something unless you're already through security...

zoebusher
11th September 2013, 22:09
I think the comp should be 3-4 hours arriving late 300 euros each 4 hours or more 600 euros each. Plus they will shortly need to put you in a hotel.

baconbap
11th September 2013, 23:05
How frustrating - have they given any reason?

tyroleandancer
12th September 2013, 14:18
Mechanical error. Will look into compensation when we get home.
Departed at 10.45 instead of 6.15
Irish I nearly missed it and needed a bed as we went back to the lounge but got lost as I left my phone in the lounge and went back for it.
We had to take the shuttle back to the start and clear security again :(

zoebusher
12th September 2013, 14:21
There are standard letters on MSE for claiming so its worth a go. Would be a windfall for 4 of you!

Poundsinbucks
12th September 2013, 14:38
Sorry to hear about the delayed start to your hols TD, but meant to wish you a great time on the other thread before I got side-tracked. Enjoy :D:D:D.

Poundsinbucks x

tyroleandancer
12th September 2013, 15:11
There are standard letters on MSE for claiming so its worth a go. Would be a windfall for 4 of you!

Thanks Zoe will take a look. We had a huge delay in 2009 nearly 30 hours, may be worth chasing that up :)

Sorry to hear about the delayed start to your hols TD, but meant to wish you a great time on the other thread before I got side-tracked. Enjoy :D:D:D.

Poundsinbucks x

Thank you :) I get sidetracked often xx

heatherbelle
15th September 2013, 15:30
They would give us any cash compensation when my avios flight was delayed, as we had only paid 90 in taxes. They did however give us 9000 avios points between us all.

Good luck with the compensation, and have a great holiday.

tyroleandancer
16th September 2013, 03:31
They would give us any cash compensation when my avios flight was delayed, as we had only paid 90 in taxes. They did however give us 9000 avios points between us all.

Good luck with the compensation, and have a great holiday.

Thank you :) loving Ottawa.

tyroleandancer
18th September 2013, 19:06
Just about to send my email for compensation.
I have asked for 600 each but can't see that happening.
Not sure what they will offer as we booked using a 241 100,000 Avios plus a whopping 1,100(approx)tax.

Gizmos
18th September 2013, 19:08
how long were you delayed for as there are set criteria - however its grey with rewards etc

tyroleandancer
18th September 2013, 19:14
how long were you delayed for as there are set criteria - however its grey with rewards etc

We are cat 3 as we flew long haul 4 plus hours delay. I'm hoping someone on Flyertalk will know.

Meant to be in Niagara today but hubby is ill :(

Georgie
18th September 2013, 19:20
Not sure what they will offer as we booked using a 241 100,000 Avios plus a whopping 1,100(approx)tax.

My gut feeling is that they will offer you AVIOS not hard cash, they will probably say the tax goes direct to the government so their hands are tied :( or something along those lines.

Sorry to hear hubby is poorly.

tyroleandancer
18th September 2013, 19:24
My gut feeling is that they will offer you AVIOS not hard cash, they will probably say the tax goes direct to the government so their hands are tied :( or something along those lines.

Sorry to hear hubby is poorly.

Thanks Georgie. Fingers crossed for something:) Avios will do.
I think he has food poisoning :(

zoebusher
18th September 2013, 19:37
But remember not all of those taxes are real taxes, some is fuel surcharges.

tyroleandancer
18th September 2013, 19:42
But remember not all of those taxes are real taxes, some is fuel surcharges.

Yes true :) I will have to check how much

tyroleandancer
18th September 2013, 19:45
Giz your rep is meant to say ta lol
Georgie I was able to rep you but not Zoe :(

Irishsmurfy
22nd September 2013, 15:31

Fingers crossed for you. When I went to Dublin in May this year my flight was 3 hours late. Because I'd paid using 9000 Avios plus tax they offered me 10000 Avios miles as compensation.

Even if you don't get the 600 you might hopefully get all your airmiles back (plus a few?)

tyroleandancer
22nd September 2013, 15:38
Thanks Irish fingers crossed.
There are changes outlined for next year.
I think I read no compensation unless a long haul flight is delayed 9 hours or more.

tyroleandancer
4th October 2013, 17:12
Email this morning to say we are entitled to 600 euros each :) very happy with that.

Roger
4th October 2013, 17:30
Great news.

It's a pretty strange blunt law, it needs changing I think, maybe much more clear and payments to customer automatic as far as is possible...

As claims/complaints increase, it will be changed I thinks....
Below is a poste from the 28th of Sep this year.
MoneyBox today mentioned this item, should be available on BBC Radio iplayer thingy soon.

My pick up was, it's a mess.

Euroland made the ruling.

For the UK, the CAA have to deal with it, I'm guessing the CAA don't make any or much money out of it, they don't appear too happy, but they have to deal with it.

If I was pushing for a claim, I would keep the pressure on the CAA and if they too slow, just tell them you will contact the EU people, if the CAA don't sort it PDQ, just pass it on the the EU.

It's a bit of a crazy rule, but our EU leaders have made it, so It's only fair to claim as much as is possible.

zoebusher
4th October 2013, 18:31
Email this morning to say we are entitled to 600 euros each :) very happy with that.

What a brilliant result! I suspect BA weren't going to give it to you without you asking for it:nono:

That would almost cover the taxes for your next long haul BA adventure:)

Roger
4th October 2013, 18:42

Questions.

Who did u send your email to and who sent you the email giving the good news....

Cheers, Roger....

tyroleandancer
4th October 2013, 18:53
What a brilliant result! I suspect BA weren't going to give it to you without you asking for it:nono:

:) It will indeed :)
Thank you x

That would almost cover the taxes for your next long haul BA adventure:)

Questions.

Who did u send your email to and who sent you the email giving the good news....

Cheers, Roger....

BA Customer Relations :)

Irishsmurfy
4th October 2013, 18:59
Great result!! Helps towards the next lot of flights.....................

Poundsinbucks
4th October 2013, 19:25
Nice one TD :D. Makes you wonder how many of the passengers on your flight will have bothered to chase this...

Poundsinbucks x :)

tyroleandancer
4th October 2013, 20:06
Nice one TD :D. Makes you wonder how many of the passengers on your flight will have bothered to chase this...

Thank you :) said the same to hubby.

Roger
4th October 2013, 20:38

Thought I read on average just 2%, but it's growing, it will grow quicker and quicker, this will drive changes to be made if the EU does not make it more simple anytime soon....