PDA

View Full Version : Cancelling 1 AVIOS flight of 4 on the same booking?

Georgie
23rd September 2013, 12:25
If you have booked 4 reward flight savers with AVIOS and need to cancel one person is it OK to do this, or do you need to cancel all four and start again ?

Also can you do name changes on your booking for the 25 amendment fee ? I'm guessing not and it is just straightforward cancellation.

Gizmos
23rd September 2013, 12:29
I think you can do cancellations and/or name changes - best to phone up - we were in the position before we went on holiday that we both might not be able to go and he wanted me to take friend instead - two of us on bokking with BA and they it would be possible for a nomial charge

Georgie
23rd September 2013, 12:41
I think you can do cancellations and/or name changes - best to phone up - we were in the position before we went on holiday that we both might not be able to go and he wanted me to take friend instead - two of us on bokking with BA and they it would be possible for a nomial charge

Thanks Giz, I think you can with BAEC, but not so sure with AVIOS.com who I am thinking of booking with as their availability is so much better than BA site for short haul.The schemes differ.

Was your holiday to Barbados good ?

tonyg
23rd September 2013, 20:29
I booked 3 flights to Nice earlier this year and DD decided didn't want to go so rang up to cancel her flight only and got avios points back but got charged a cancellation fee 25 which was deducted from the 30 reward flight saver charge so got 5 refunded to card.:)

Georgie
23rd September 2013, 22:13
I booked 3 flights to Nice earlier this year and DD decided didn't want to go so rang up to cancel her flight only and got avios points back but got charged a cancellation fee 25 which was deducted from the 30 reward flight saver charge so got 5 refunded to card.:)

Thank you, that's kind of what I expected would happen, sounds fair enough, I guess it's the miles that I am more worried about as they take so long to collect !