PDA

View Full Version : seller asking for more money, what happesn now?

mhoc
30th October 2013, 20:37
I've not come across this situation before so I would be very greatfull l for some advice.

This afternoon I bought something on ebay from a business seller and paid straight away - it was only 2. The buyer replied a while afterwards that the postage was not free and he actually wanted 10 total - English very broken and a bit "matey".

So what happens now?

I know I can just cancel the sale but are there any iimplications for me - its a very long while since I did anything on ebay I don't know the procedures any more - not even sure how to go about cancelling the sale now or even if this is possible as Ive already paid.

Help please.

Like an idiot I didn't check the feedback and Ive just looked and earlier this month someone put this.

"I won this item + paid 2. Seller wants 12. Not despatched. BEWARE"

annaakent
30th October 2013, 20:53
What did the listing say about postage? Or did it say collection only?

Just wait a day or so and then go to the resolution centre and make a complaint "item not received". You'll get your money back from ebay/Paypal.

dtm15
31st October 2013, 08:39
Do not pay any extra, if the 10 for postage was not mentioned in the postage section of the listing or in the description then you have done everything correctly and there is nothing to worry about.

When you paid what postage method did you select?

Is this a UK seller or a foreign one?

Tell the seller you aren't going to pay any extra and see what they say. if you haven't received your order after a few days then open a case on ebay and report the seller for 'seller non performance', taking someones payment and then adding on extra charges that were not mentioned in the description. Ebay will refund you and it will hopefully make the seller update their postage section to be more honest!

heatherks
31st October 2013, 10:50
maybe simply forgot to add postage on listing ..and doesn't want to be out of pocket sending item onto you for free

I'd contact ebay and ask what they advise since they have done it before if seller doesn't agree to cancel sale

mhoc
4th November 2013, 09:29
Do not pay any extra, if the 10 for postage was not mentioned in the postage section of the listing or in the description then you have done everything correctly and there is nothing to worry about.

When you paid what postage method did you select?

Is this a UK seller or a foreign one?

Tell the seller you aren't going to pay any extra and see what they say. if you haven't received your order after a few days then open a case on ebay and report the seller for 'seller non performance', taking someones payment and then adding on extra charges that were not mentioned in the description. Ebay will refund you and it will hopefully make the seller update their postage section to be more honest!

Its a UK based business seller and looking at the feedback this is at least the 2nd time he has done this - forgot to add postage to an item.

(I wonder if this is because its a low value item and the postage incurs fees now??)

No mention of 10 postage in the description either - unlikley to get bids I think if he had included it.

How soon can you open a case for 'seller non performance' and how do you go about this?

Assume I make a case via ebay and not via paypal?

Another problem is that via paypal I got an automated email to say the item has been dispatched - obvioulsy hasnt and it wont be.
So will I now have to wait to open a dispute re non arrival?

Dominic
4th November 2013, 09:46
Go to eBay, look at items bought in list form, click on 'more actions' then 'resolve a problem'

annaakent
4th November 2013, 11:49
Go to eBay, look at items bought in list form, click on 'more actions' then 'resolve a problem'

Mark your problem as "item not received" and then describe that, although the seller has been paid the 2 winning bid, you are now being asked for an extra 10.

The resolution you would like would be to receive the item, not get your 2 back :D

And when that's all sorted out, you can leave the seller filthy feedback!

dtm15
5th November 2013, 13:06
Its a UK based business seller and looking at the feedback this is at least the 2nd time he has done this - forgot to add postage to an item.

(I wonder if this is because its a low value item and the postage incurs fees now??)

No mention of 10 postage in the description either - unlikley to get bids I think if he had included it.

How soon can you open a case for 'seller non performance' and how do you go about this?

Assume I make a case via ebay and not via paypal?

Another problem is that via paypal I got an automated email to say the item has been dispatched - obvioulsy hasnt and it wont be.
So will I now have to wait to open a dispute re non arrival?

Open a case on ebay for item not received and then ask the seller why it hasn't been sent and why they are asking for 10 extra after you had paid for it when that 10 was not mentioned in the description. Ebay staff will read the case before refunding you assuming the seller doesn't send it and should take action against them for asking buyers to pay charges which are not mentioned in the description.

If you wanted to report them for seller non performance then you would need to do that by phone and explain the situation to them and they will give the seller a warning and it will make them think twice about doing it again.

mhoc
7th November 2013, 10:28
Please can I ask as to where I would find a phone number for ebay?

So is it just best to open a case first or to do both, open a case and ring ebay as well.

I wondered if the case reports were read by humans - I will copy and paste into it the message I got.

FastlaneJo
7th November 2013, 13:30
Report the sellers email to ebay and advise he is asking for more money, that should do the trick!

heatherks
7th November 2013, 16:54
mhoc..
on your ebay page at the top they have a help / contact us tab when you click on this it also gives you the option of live chat on the next page select buying .. paying for item and it will give you an option to phone including password for quicker service or the option to live chat with them