PDA

View Full Version : How long for buyer to collect item?

rosy798
5th November 2013, 22:25
I sold a large pram on Ebay with collection in person only and at the last second a new bidder came onto the scene and won the item. I looked at their details and they were in Australia!!!! I contacted them and explained it was collection only, they said they would send a courier. That was over a month ago and nothing, don't answer me or anything. Whats to be done now? I need the space. Thanks for any help. Rosie

Waterfall
5th November 2013, 22:56
I sold a large pram on Ebay with collection in person only and at the last second a new bidder came onto the scene and won the item. I looked at their details and they were in Australia!!!! I contacted them and explained it was collection only, they said they would send a courier. That was over a month ago and nothing, don't answer me or anything. Whats to be done now? I need the space. Thanks for any help. Rosie

Open an unpaid case http://rebulk.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?CreateUPIDispute&&opencase=true&guest=1

If they don't respond you will get the fees back and the transaction will be canx then you can relist the item. Nothing else you can do .. I would block that buyer though :) Very annoying but does happen once in a while

rosy798
6th November 2013, 11:13
Sorry I did not explain very well, they have paid, just not collected.

Poundsinbucks
6th November 2013, 11:48
I would refund their payment (assuming it's Paypal?), cancel the transaction and relist.

Poundsinbucks x :)

rosy798
6th November 2013, 12:40
Thanks thats what I thought but didnt know if there was a time limit

Poundsinbucks
6th November 2013, 13:20
No idea, but you have waited far longer than I would have already ;).

Poundsinbucks x

Dominic
6th November 2013, 14:18
Sorry I did not explain very well, they have paid, just not collected.

I'd do nothing - relist if necessary or get rid however. If they come back to you then refund, if they don't then happy days. I think they have 45 days (?) to do a non receipt claim though?

heatherks
6th November 2013, 15:18
Has the buyers had any recent feedback to say account is still active ?...a month is rather a long time with no contact esp as you say they have paid for item