PDA

View Full Version : Free calls, text, internet from freedompop

arniep
13th May 2015, 19:46
New mobile network coming from US.
Freedompop giving off I remember rightly 200mins 200text 200mbs free......shades of ovivo.
Doing ok in US from what I read.
They make their money on add-ons and in US 50% use just the free part.
Think I'll be signing up, with dual SIM phone can always have 321 SIM in to in case.
http://www.freedompop.com/uk

Must be worth a pop....

arniep
23rd September 2015, 22:59
now released. Paid 6.99 for SIM hopefully rest is free. Can recommend people and get trials to get more data

melroccan
23rd September 2015, 23:07
Says you authorise FreedomPop to charge 1.99 per month so not quite free

arniep
24th September 2015, 09:29
Says you authorise FreedomPop to charge 1.99 per month so not quite free

If you uncheck premium voice trial it takes it to 0.00 a month

archlives
24th September 2015, 13:04
Thanks for heads-up! I've keep keeping an eye on them every few weeks since June!

Unless you want more money taken from you, remember to disable the auto-topup feature (you can topup manually online - perhaps with 3V?)
Unless you want more spam, unsubscribe from Third Party Offers.

arniep
24th September 2015, 19:44
Thanks for heads-up! I've keep keeping an eye on them every few weeks since June!

Unless you want more money taken from you, remember to disable the auto-topup feature (you can topup manually online - perhaps with 3V?)
Unless you want more spam, unsubscribe from Third Party Offers.

Good advice. Done.
Got to be worth a try as i use virtually no mins text or data. Very low user. I have dual sim phone so can use 321 until ive trialed it. At mo have 321 and 200md free ee sim. This would replace 3 nicely although probably need to pay to transfer number as freedompop charge for anything extra.

TetrisX
24th September 2015, 21:07
I believe there are some unanswered questions about the data at present, as it appears you can only call/text if you have data service as it is via their app, not via the phone app on the device.

The main question being what happens when you run out of your 200Mb data, does this mean you cannot send/receive calls...

extrafisher
25th September 2015, 02:26
I believe there are some unanswered questions about the data at present, as it appears you can only call/text if you have data service as it is via their app, not via the phone app on the device.

The main question being what happens when you run out of your 200Mb data, does this mean you cannot send/receive calls...

Calls and texts wont come out of 200mb allowance.

I would imagine you dont need internet on to receive calls/texts but you will need to switch it on to send them.

TetrisX
25th September 2015, 19:35
Calls and texts wont come out of 200mb allowance.

I would imagine you dont need internet on to receive calls/texts but you will need to switch it on to send them.

It's an app piggybacking onto Three data. If you don't have data enabled how is the app supposed to communicate?

Seem to be a few people asking this question on other sites.

extrafisher
26th September 2015, 14:32
Ive got mine now. calls use normal dialer but internet needed to send and receive calls. Texts are sent and recieved through app so internet needed.

Looks pretty good so far data/call/text allowance is stated on app and updates quickly

Also just to confirm if you make a call on 3g it come out of call allowance only. data allowance stays same. havent tried to see if receiving a call uses your data allowance