Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Breadmakers / Bread Makers

Default Breadmakers / Bread Makers

Hi all

Been going on to OH about breadmakers (or is it bread makers?!) since reading DeeDee's post.

I really fancy making our own bread but want one that needs minimal manual intervention.

The prices vary a lot, so I am a bit confused why. Clearly some of you have done a lot of research before buying so hoping I can benefit from your advice.

Have seen the Morphy Richards 48268 is reduced in the Tesco Direct sale...

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.200-5913.aspx

Not sure how that compares to the one that DeeDee recommended?

Can any of you give mean idea what the differences are between the ?40 and ?100 ones - I don't want to pay ?100 if I don't need to but don't want one thats going to need a lot of watching over that ends up in the loft!!
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

i have a ?50 one a morphy richards one and its fab, my mum has an expensive one and its very noisy

Thanks guys. DeeDee said hers was quiet, and hers was a ?99 one IIRC. What I'm needing to know is what do you get for double the price? If the extra features make it more bettererer then I'd be ok with paying it...... I don't want to buy a cheap one then find it doesn't do what I wanted, so any actual experiences (what is good/what is bad/what yours does/what it doesn't do) would be handy.

Cheers
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

I have a morphy richards fastbake.
    its great but there are 2 features it does not have that I would have liked.
    1. I make a lot of fruited bread and you have to wait until halfway through the cycle for a little bleep to add the nuts/fruit /choc chips.some machines have a little chute that would dispense this automatically.
    2.some of the posh ones have a feature that makes the dough hook retracts before baking,most breadmakers it stays in and leaves a hole in the centre of the loaf,this can be a pain at times.
    I also have some bread maker recipes that are very simple(no oil,powdered milk or any of that stuff)and taste great.
    pm me if you would like them.

The main features of mine are:
    No need to wait to add extra ingredients - there is a little dispenser, does it for you.
    Delay start time, i.e. you shove it all in, set the timer for what time you want your bread (say first thing in the morning) then the little baker man works through the night getting it ready for you in the morning.
    It's quiet.
    It's very easy to clean
    It can do cakes as stuff as well (admit havent done that yet, dont want bread shaped cakes!

Cons: Havent come across any yet!!!
    ♥♥♥ no challenges in sig, they go to pot for me as soon as I put them on ♥♥♥

Quote Originally Posted by 73Deedee View Post
    The main features of mine are:
    No need to wait to add extra ingredients - there is a little dispenser, does it for you.
    Delay start time, i.e. you shove it all in, set the timer for what time you want your bread (say first thing in the morning) then the little baker man works through the night getting it ready for you in the morning.
    It's quiet.
    It's very easy to clean
    It can do cakes as stuff as well (admit havent done that yet, dont want bread shaped cakes!

Cons: Havent come across any yet!!!
    Yours takes the paddle out as well DeeDee, so no hole in it?

There is a little holle in the bottom of the bread, but nothing worth "noticing."

ooo I forgot, I dont know if all BM's do this but you can choose how you would like your crust colour, mid dark etc.

I'm gonna get it out in a min and make some pudding bread!! chop up the bits of pud (that didnt get eaten yest) and make a concoction bread!
    ♥♥♥ no challenges in sig, they go to pot for me as soon as I put them on ♥♥♥

Quote Originally Posted by 73Deedee View Post
    There is a little holle in the bottom of the bread, but nothing worth "noticing."

ooo I forgot, I dont know if all BM's do this but you can choose how you would like your crust colour, mid dark etc.

I'm gonna get it out in a min and make some pudding bread!! chop up the bits of pud (that didnt get eaten yest) and make a concoction bread!
    Ah yes I noticed the crust colour as a feature. Not that bothered about colour, just wouldn't want it too crusty!

Pudding bread eh?!

We have had ours for a fair few years, dont know what make it is but i know at the time i didnt have a huge amount of money, and i bought it from an ex catalogue place, its quiet, i have NEVER used it hubby makes the brread LOL, he just bungs all the bread in and away it goes, i think it has a timer to, but our display has gone funny so cant use it LOL
    Michelle

Is the bread nice Michelle, any favorite mixes etc? Sorry I am a complete idiot at all this but it really appeals to me and missus is saying 'go and get one then' but I want to get it right so all this advice and info is brilliant!