Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Shop and scan? Is it worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by dune View Post
    they do actually check

i put down that i had a dog (which we do) but i never scanned any food for him. I get the sacks of food for nothing so never thought to scan them

They wrote and asked if i still had a dog as i didn't buy any dog food

I've now started scanning it
    When my cat died last year, & I stopped buying cat food, they wrote to ask if we still had a cat

So they are quite on the ball!

Quote Originally Posted by tiger View Post
    You can join Shop and Scan here
    I signed up on dune's recommendation aaaages ago and still haven't heard anything *stamps foot*
    The first principle of a free society is an untrammeled flow of words in an open forum. Adlai E. Stevenson

Got my scanning gizmo today! Might sound sad but I'm actually looking forward to scanning, lol!
    Please adopt a rescued dog or cat from your local animal shelter!

Can any shop & scan people help me please?

I just did my first shop and when I got home I scanned my name & shop on the cards the scanner didnt beep? It beeped when i scanned the amount I'd spent and on my actual items. Do you think I've mucked it up?

i've mucked up before... just scanning items then realised i didn't do my name or shop or amount
    you should be fine
    just do the name, shop and amount for your next shop... just make sure you get a short beep for each

Quote Originally Posted by mutley muppet View Post
    Thanks for the info. I'll definately sign up then.

I won't add any virtual kids then as I will look really mean never buying them and food, clothes or toys etc, lol!

MM. x
    Lol had to laugh at this. I've been a member for ages too but often forgot to scan my shopping then get messages from them whoops. So I do a frantic scan around my kitchen scanning the contents of my fridge and my cupboards, lol!
    The other day I realised I hadn't downloaded my scanned items, so did my usual frantic scanning when something made me look in my baby food cupboard and I realised that OH always puts all Jayden's food and milk away before I scan it so i have never scanned any of his stuff.
    They must think either i have made him up or I definately dont take care of him. If they could see his baby food cupboard though they would see he has enough food until he's 18, lol and mummy has points coupons to ensure every space is constantly full.
    Happy 5th Wedding Anniversary to my gorgeous husband 06/08/10

don't forget to check for your number in the weekly prize draw
    I've just won 100

i'm happy to post the numbers in this thread weekly if anyone would be interested?

Wow! Well done Dune!

Yes, please could you list the numbers I haven't found my way round the shop & scan site yet.

I'm getting the hand of the scanning, but the scanning gizmo sometimes seems a bit dodgy? Like it only projects a little red line, then I shake it a bit and it does a bigger line?

Also do other people find it doesnt like scanning shiny wrappers like bread packets? Is there a knack to it?

Thanks,
    MM. x

Quote Originally Posted by mutley muppet View Post
    Wow! Well done Dune!

Yes, please could you list the numbers I haven't found my way round the shop & scan site yet.

I'm getting the hand of the scanning, but the scanning gizmo sometimes seems a bit dodgy? Like it only projects a little red line, then I shake it a bit and it does a bigger line?

Also do other people find it doesnt like scanning shiny wrappers like bread packets? Is there a knack to it?

Thanks,
    MM. x
    i have a few problems sometimes
    With multiple items i fine one that scans and then just scan that for how ever many ive bought
    Sometimes it just won't scan no matter what you do
    some items have no bar code so i just ignore them

at some point you will need to replace the batteries.. you can usually tell when the beam fades and disappears. You just request batteries from them and they send out within a few days

don't forget to upload your clickers saturday or sunday even if you haven't shopped that week

Default prize winners as of 17/1/08

All active members of Shopandscan are now entered into the National Shopping Monitor monthly prize draw where there is 1300 up for grabs. Check the numbers below. If any of them match your Panel Number then you've won the value of points indicated and you must phone us to claim your prize.

500 - 151603
    200 - 722495
    200 - 718294
    200 - 718736
    200 - 174199

The deadline for claims is Friday 1st February 2008.

Everyone who transmits their barcodes during the previous week is automatically entered into our weekly Lucky Transmitter Prize Draw. This weeks winner is:

715375 - 100

If the number above matches your Panel Number then you must call us by 25th January 2008 to claim your prize of 100 worth of reward points.

Last weeks winner was 724049. The deadline is 18th January 2008 to claim this 100 prize.

If one of the numbers matches your panel ID number then you've won the specified value of reward points. You must call us free on 0500 560 152 to claim your prize before the set deadline. Unclaimed prizes will be rolled into an accumulator prize draw which will be made next Christmas. So make sure you check this page every week to see if you're a winner. Good Luck!