Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: Shop and scan? Is it worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by grunnie View Post
    The survey I am doing is still called food diary but they don't want to know what you eat or drink when away from home. They want to know all the meals etc you eat from the stuff you have scanned. You click on breakfast and tell them what you had at what time , snack, lunch ,snack, tea ,dinner and evening snack. You either type in the item and click store cupboard and up comes pics of all you have bought and scanned in the last month.After the first day it was very easy to do. if you eat out you just click ate out and then jump to the next bit. You get 10 a week for this and so far very easy money.
    That sounds very interesting Grunnie - did you just get invited to do it or is there a way in?
    Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

I have just had an invitation from Shop and scan for food on the go. Anyone else do this as I have loads of questions?
    10 a week seems a lot but maybe it will be a lot of work
    The survey I am doing is still called food diary but they don't want to know what you eat or drink when away from home. They want to know all the meals etc you eat from the stuff you have scanned. You click on breakfast and tell them what you had at what time , snack, lunch ,snack, tea ,dinner and evening snack. You either type in the item and click store cupboard and up comes pics of all you have bought and scanned in the last month.After the first day it was very easy to do. if you eat out you just click ate out and then jump to the next bit. You get 10 a week for this and so far very easy money.
    I think you've confused things a bit here by saying you were invited to one panel, then a different one so the responses are talking about different panels.

I do the Food Diary & have just finished doing one for a couple of weeks. It's really easy to do IF you are only doing it for yourself & worth the money. If you are doing it for a family housedhold, then I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole! If you are say a family of 5, then each day you have to enter every item of food or drink you all have whilst in the house along with what time. Each item then has further questions about why you (or they) had it. Also consider, say a Sunday roast. For each person you will need to put in the starter, chicken, potatoes, carrots, peas, gravy, drinks, pudding etc. Then why you ate them etc. For each item you also need to find it in the list of food - the exact make, size etc. The items you've scanned should appear in the lit at the top, but if you didn't scan everything that you bought or you use something that you had in your cupboard from before you joined, then it can take a while to find the item. If you can't find the exact item, you have to add it in, which creates more work.

If you are registered as a family you can't just enter this for yourself.

You should enter it as you go along ideally, otherwise you have to remember an awful lot of info for the 6 sections for each person. They will query things if you have a family and say you all ate different things at different times because you entered things after a few days.

i got the one that custard describes above
    usually i would be raring to go for a tenner , but i got hoplessy muddled, there were too many questions lol

editing to add that although i think we are pretty good at scanning , things do slip through sometimes

Don't miss out on tripple points

----------------------------------------------------------------

Christmas!

We are aware that this is a busy time of year and it can be difficult to find the time to scan all of the extra shopping you are getting in for Christmas. As a thank you for the extra effort that you make we would like to give you triple points for Christmas!

Instead of the usual 1100 points you will receive 3300 points for each week that you transmit your barcodes over the Christmas period.

The triple points will be available for transmitting in the two weeks from Monday 17th December to Sunday 30th December.

This means that the weekly reward points paid on Monday 24th December and Monday 31st December will be trebled

Thank you for your help with our research, and Merry Christmas!

ShopandScan Help Desk Team