Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have I Made A Mistake? - Neighbourhood Dispute!

Default Have I Made A Mistake? - Neighbourhood Dispute!

OK so where I live most folk cannot be bothered to park on the driveaways of which a lot of people have at least double drives so instead they park in the road. The problem with this is that they are parking right upto a blind corner and you cannot for the life of you see oncoming traffic. So you have to drive on the wrong side of the road around the bend and on more than one ocassion you meet an oncoming vehicle.

Now, after several near misses, today was finally the straw that broke the camels back. On my way home from good ol Mr T I nearly had a Parcel Force tranny van sitting on my lap! He literally missed me by inches so I did know more than turned my little self around and went straight to the Police Station to ask if anything can be done about these selfish people who leave their cars in the road. Needless to say the Police are now going to look into it!

Have I done the right thing, I really don't want to be the villian in all of this but I am sick to the back teeth of selfish people! What do you think?

I wouldn't think the police would reveal your name to anyone so as far as the neighbours are concerned it could have been a delivery man who reported it.
    Parking near blind bends is something that annoys me too.

100% totally right, if a child runs out and you hit it because of them, enough said!!
    Also If you have an accident on the corner make sure the police are informed and then they will be registered as involved in an accident and that is legally notifiable to their insurance company, they wont do it again!!

Yes, you have done the right thing. People are selfishly parking in a dangerous position and you have simply informed the police of the problem before a serious accident happens. Well done!

Thanks for the reassurance, you see my biggest concern is/was that if I have a head on collission then fault is going to land on me because I am ultimately the one on the wrong side of the road. However, I have been informed by the Police today that this is not the case, the driver coming toward me as as much responsibility for seeing that the bend is blocked and to anticipate that there might be cars coming on the wrong side of the road.

I dread the repercussions of them finding out it was me that complained!

Quote Originally Posted by sullieb View Post
    Thanks for the reassurance, you see my biggest concern is/was that if I have a head on collission then fault is going to land on me because I am ultimately the one on the wrong side of the road. However, I have been informed by the Police today that this is not the case, the driver coming toward me as as much responsibility for seeing that the bend is blocked and to anticipate that there might be cars coming on the wrong side of the road.

I dread the repercussions of them finding out it was me that complained!
    But the repercussions of someone, adult or child being seriously injured or killed is so much worse. You did the right thing.

You did the right thing. Imagine how you would feel if there was a bad accident and you hadn't reported it?
    Please adopt a rescued dog or cat from your local animal shelter!

good for you sullieb, I think you acted correctly

asbolutely the right thing to do sullieb. Im sure the police wont mention you have complained, its more likely that they will just knock at doors and point out that the cars are parked dangerously and ask the owners to move them.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Good on you i would have done the same Where we live a little estate we got the corner plot we have some one across the road to the side of us her boy freind comes and parks is 4by 4 right on the corner So one morning i was sick of it i put a note on the window screan saying people can not get by and i was going to report ot to the police I did not tell my dd are he would have gone mad But i think of the kids playing and they never look properly to start with He does not speake now but i dont give a dam They mun use their garrage like we have to We have double drives
    You did the right thing
    Kay122