Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Simple things in the home that can help save the planet!

When running the tap in kitchen waiting for the HOT water instead of letting the cold run down the sink and waste fill a kettle or jug with it to use at a later date
    Changes .... PTS is going through Changes ...

Turn your heating down by 1 degree. Even this small amount will make a difference.

princess_poppet Guest

Energy saving light bulbs. In the hall and my front room i have ceiling light fittings (not chandeliers but the ones that are similar) and i dont think these will fit. Does anyone know of any makes of energy saving bulbs that would fit them?

Princess, if you have a good diy or hardware shop nearby, that hasn't been put of business by the likes of B & Q, take a dud bulb along to them so they can see the type of fitting and maybe they can get some for you.

princess_poppet Guest

cheers tiger i will have a look round but dont think i have any little hardware shops near here!

I got some from ebay!
    Changes .... PTS is going through Changes ...

ive often wondered whether you can get energy saving spot lights but never seen any anywhere - can someone advise me differently?

It would be good to see some nice fittings that actually take the energy saving bulbs too. In my living room I've just got the bulb and no lampshade/ light fitting yet because I haven't found anything i like. There are plenty of nice light fittings if you have halogen bulbs but nothing which suits the energy saving ones.

Use green washing products
    Try and use washable nappies or biodegradable ones
    Try and buy products with less packaging re loose veg, do you need to put them in a bag.
    Reuse bags.
    Find inventive ways to recyle things.
    Use freecycle
    Buy recyled paper products
    If buying compost make sure its peat free. Wood and charcol from substainable sources.

Would you be able to tell me more about green washing products please?