Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: stopping smoking

I went to a Allen Carr clinic had 4 1/2 hours hypnotherapy and have not smoked since that was six years ago. My husband came with me gave up for 6 months and then started again, a month later he went back for a free session and has not smoked since.
    Also have at least six friends that went to the Allen Carr sessions and have given up for good.
    Last edited by closemead; 29th December 2008 at 21:05.

Quote Originally Posted by closemead View Post
    I went to a Allen Carr clinic had 1 1/2 hours hypnotherapy and have not smoked since that was six years ago. My husband came with me gave up for 6 months and then started again, a month later he went back for a free session and has not smoked since.
    Also have at least six friends that went to the Allen Carr sessions and have given up for good.

can you tell me more about this have just beeen looking at the sire and it 220, which i think it will be worth it in teh long run if it works

i think you can get allen carr on tesco points

http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/product.aspx?R=514
    Changes .... PTS is going through Changes ...

Quote Originally Posted by vickn View Post
    can you tell me more about this have just beeen looking at the sire and it 220, which i think it will be worth it in teh long run if it works
    In the session we were allowed to smoke freely and the man running it talked about lots of different aspects/beliefs about smoking. For example if it was a real addiction we would have to get up in the night (wake up) to top up the nicotine levels as our bodies would have physical cravings, which we dont do so it challenged beliefs. Talked about advertising and the benefits for the tobacco companies to keep us smoking. Talked about putting on weight if you give up smoking and how this is a misconception and certainly does not have to happen. He discussed loads of things which I cant recall now as it was so long ago but I remember as the session went on feeling more and more stupid/duped into believing I was addicted to smoking.
    For the last 15 minutes we did relaxation/hypnotherapy the man just went over all the important points we had talked about i suppose to reinforce it in your unconscious mind Then we were told to smoke our last cigarette and throw remainder of the packet into a suitcase full of packets. I took two drags and then had to put it out it tasted foul and as I said have not smoked since. I had cravings but they were not strong and passed really quickly, never tempted to buy cigarettes. I think the session was about 140 five years ago and was worth every penny.

Allen Carr book is good and a cheaper option if you don't want to use Deals.

thanks for this!!

well not sure if to do this or not, been to boots today and stocked up on patches and a inhlator to start or should i say stop tomorrow
    if i fail again i think i may just have to save up! (saving tesco deals for wedding!)

Good luck Vickn, be careful using patches and an inhalator as you would be getting double dose of nicotine

Take each day as it comes and at the end of each day, just think how much you have saved by not buying cigarettes.
    Add up your savings daily and think that money is going towards your wedding

two weeks for someone I know - they are doing well :clap:

Odie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmos View Post
    two weeks for someone I know - they are doing well :clap:

3 weeks today

yes and your doing very well ... do you want a reward now ;-)