Page 1 of 76 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's planted what seeds yet in garden/allotment?

Default Who's planted what seeds yet in garden/allotment?

Following on from tiger's thread....who has planted seeds out yet.

I've got my onions and garlic in the allotment and also planted some early carrots outside on Monday too.

Broad beans are doing nicely aswell at the moment.

Got celeriac, parsnips and leeks in the cold frame which are about 1 inch tall and doing lovely...

red onions, carrots are in the ground/bins... Peppers, toms, chillis, herbs, cauli, brocolli and something else are in greenhouse, spuds are still chitting..
    Sweet peas and peas also ...I forgot about them.
    ♥♥♥ no challenges in sig, they go to pot for me as soon as I put them on ♥♥♥

Put my potatoes in yesterday and onions and garlic a few weeks ago. Planted up sweetpea seeds and pepper seeds Oh and a few lettuce in my mini greenhouse. I am hoping to have an allotment full of flowers much to my husbands disgust! We can't eat those he says but I just love going around snip snip snip and having the house full of flowers!

Potato's in the bags, carrots, and something else? can't for the life of me remember what! in the greenhouse. Have had to put willow screening around the bottom of the greenhouse though - bit jittery about one of the girls tripping and going through the glass. Am going to fill one side with tomato's and the other courgettes, salad leaf and aubergines. Also small bed in front of greenhouse which will be home to runner beans, dwarf french beans and sweet peas.

Anyone else have trouble with tom's last year due to no sun? Ours were rubbish and ended up making green tomato chutney (recipe courtesy of baffled - ta) which was lovely but not as lovely as eating fresh tomato's.

Am currently trying to find a buyer for the small boat and trailer which is sat at the end of the garden so I can build some raised beds and get a second shed for toys etc! (or a place to escape!!)

my tommytom toms went black last year (did go on hols in May, then not much sun)
    ♥♥♥ no challenges in sig, they go to pot for me as soon as I put them on ♥♥♥

what kind of boat jam butty?

nothing planted here yet arrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhh
    Weight loss total: 4 stone 8lb! at the top of target range oops!

Quote Originally Posted by Deedee View Post
    my tommytom toms went black last year (did go on hols in May, then not much sun)
    my tomatoes were rubbish last year..very slow to develop and only a few ripened...also lots of white fly.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

have had garlic and red and white onions in since October and they are really coming on with the sun this week.

yesterday I sowed sorrel, american land cress, rocket, sangria and red oak leave lettuces, mixed salad leaves and little gem lettuces outside and today have done cherry tomatoes, basil, parsley,swiss chard and mangetoute in pots in the conservatory. all of these will go outside at the end of May/beg of June, then next month will sow french beans, borlotti beans, climbing french beans and courgettes and fennel indoors.

will also buy an aubergine, chilli and mini cucumber plant from the garden centre to grow in the conservatory as theres only me that will eat these so works out cheaper to buy one plant than a packet of seeds.
    Im still trying to decide whether to do normal size tomatoes after last year when they didn't ripen outside or just stick with the cherry ones which were fine.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Quote Originally Posted by suziq View Post
    what kind of boat jam butty?

nothing planted here yet arrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhh
    It's a wooden mirror dinghy (sp) seems a shame to be sat in my garden rather than out on the sea/lakes.

Tomato's were funny last year - someone from here pointed me in the direction of an allotments forum and it seemed that most of the country had probs with tomato's not ripening last year whereas the year before mine were like triffids!

I like jam butty much better, suits me more - I am more like a big old butty than a dainty little sandwich!

Quote Originally Posted by penfold View Post
    my tomatoes were rubbish last year..very slow to develop and only a few ripened...also lots of white fly.
    I was plagued with whitefly last year too

I asked for advice at the garden centre and they suggested 'Provado ultimate bug killer' its safe for use on tomatoes,peppers,cucumbers, aubergine and courgettes as well as flowers, herbs, fruit and salads. I only used it the once as it was near the end of the season by then but it seemed to work. will try it earlier this year and see what happens
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.