Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's planted what seeds yet in garden/allotment?

**Deedee researchers how much land is needed to keep a pig or 2! lol

Forgot to add, today at some point I'll be preparing the front garden a bit more for the Dahlia beds (pom pom and starburst) and will hopefully be raising a few flowers in the greenhouse too.... Flowers out front, food out back!
    ♥♥♥ no challenges in sig, they go to pot for me as soon as I put them on ♥♥♥

Quote Originally Posted by Deedee View Post
    red onions, carrots are in the ground/bins... Peppers, toms, chillis, herbs, cauli, brocolli and something else are in greenhouse, spuds are still chitting..
    Sweet peas and peas also ...I forgot about them.
    I've got my peas onthe window cill at the moment and this morning just noticed some flowers....not sure about transferingthem outside now.

other stuff I have -

caulis planted last year got about a 2inch size cauli in them
    Garlic

on the cill
    onions
    toms
    spuds chitting
    and my peas flowering???

how long does it take for spuds to chit?
    People say Plz as it is shorter than saying please, so I feel justified in saying no as it is shorter than yes.

i've had mine chitting for about 6 weeks or so...

toms were disastrous for me last year too, however my neighbour had a bumper crop which he couldn't eat so gave lots to me!!!

to be honest Mummy, I am not really sure, I've been told as long as the "prongs?!" seem long enough, then that's it!

going to get my peas started this week, in my little newspaper pots...

thanks. think i may have left it too late as only started the potatoes yesterday!!!
    People say Plz as it is shorter than saying please, so I feel justified in saying no as it is shorter than yes.

never too late! Crack on! lol

Great.

Would love to have my own potatoes. What else could I do. I am looking at using an old wooden toy box as although I have a big garden it is a little overgrown and want my children to be able to help me

mummytotwo - I have used grow bags stood on their ends with the tops rolled down. Am also going to get a couple of those plastic garden bin type things in bright colours with handles on the side - I think tesco sell them as toy tidies @ about 2.99 and home bargains had them last week - I am going to get a couple and put spuds in them.