Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any updates on Mirena IUS/IUD coil please ladies?

Question Any updates on Mirena IUS/IUD coil please ladies?

My GP has suggested that I have a Mirena fitted as I have an ongoing problem with low iron.

My periods aren't heavy and I currently have a copper IUD but my GP thinks that the Mirena will cause less blood loss so hopefully help with my low iron (which is being investigated by a gastroenterologist).

I know there are a few older threads on here where people have mentioned having a Mirena fitted and just wondered how people have got on with it?

I have been happy with my copper IUD over the past 10 years and am a bit worried about side effects with a IUS with hormones in it??

I have an apointment to have the Mirena fitted on 1st July. Any feedback would be much appreciated as I'm feling a bit nervous about the whole thing!!

Thankyou!
    MM x
    Please adopt a rescued dog or cat from your local animal shelter!

Quote Originally Posted by mutley muppet View Post
    My GP has suggested that I have a Mirena fitted as I have an ongoing problem with low iron.

My periods aren't heavy and I currently have a copper IUD but my GP thinks that the Mirena will cause less blood loss so hopefully help with my low iron (which is being investigated by a gastroenterologist).

I know there are a few older threads on here where people have mentioned having a Mirena fitted and just wondered how people have got on with it?

I have been happy with my copper IUD over the past 10 years and am a bit worried about side effects with a IUS with hormones in it??

I have an apointment to have the Mirena fitted on 1st July. Any feedback would be much appreciated as I'm feling a bit nervous about the whole thing!!

Thankyou!
    MM x

Its fantastic, I'm at the end of my second, havent had a period the whole time I have had it (10yrs). Absolutely no side effects either
    I cant have estrogens and had an allergic reaction to the depo injection so this has been a brilliant option for me.

I recommend it to everyone !!!! Make sense to me too, local application of the hormones rather than systemic, minimal dose, completely reversible (on removal), alll added to the normal IUD benefits.

Cant recommend it highly enough, I used to have a lot of problems and this has totally sorted things out - ENJOY!!!!!

Thankyou Obscure. Sounds great!
    (I can't rep you at the moment, but will once I am able!),
    MM x
    Please adopt a rescued dog or cat from your local animal shelter!

I had a Mirena fitted to help with my heavy periods (caused by fibroids) and it was great, much lighter periods and then one day (after about 15 months)it expelled itself, so on tablets now.

I've used it and it was fine, no side effects to note...however, I know there have been reports of side effects from some people. If you google it you will find details. Suppose it is a case of it can't suit everyone.

This is an example of what people mention.

http://community.homeandhealthtv.co....rm/f/596101191
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Another fan here. I had my second one fitted at the beginning of this year, so I have had this for over 5 years in total, and like Obscure, have never had a single period. Its fabulous, you just don't know you've got it at all. (at least I don't). Have recommended it to all my friends.
    Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom. Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Khufu is offline Account Deactivated at Request of User

FAn number three, had one for eight years, no periods, no side effects, ideal!

Another fan here too, I do have periods, well sort of....I have more of a show for a couple of days and thats about it for another month.

My consultant recommended it to try and re-align my hormones as I've PCOS, so I guess its working (as previously I bled continuously for about 12 months!)

Sorry if TMI

I've had one for around 10 years now...can't recommend it highly enough...no side effects...no periods...no problems....Go for it!!!

ok, I have been having the depo injection for just under a year and it has made me very moody and low, my friend a GP suggested a copper coil is this the same thing?