Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TopCashBack FAQs

Default TopCashBack FAQs

How Do I Join?
    To join TopCashBack click on the TopCashBack link. You will receive a 2.50 sign-up bonus for using this link.

How am I Paid
    Payments are issued as a cheque, Paypal or via electronic Bank transfer (BACS), A minimum amount of 25 is appliccable for cheque payments and 1p for Paypal and Bank transfer. Please be careful to keep your details up to date to avoid delays in receiving your payment. An annual admin fee of 5.00 will be deducted from your first payment and annually thereafter, but only where you have sufficient funds in your account.

ITransaction not Tracked?
    First ensure that you were logged into your TopCashBack account before you purchsase anything. Transactions are all logged electronically by the website that you vist, this information is then passed onto TopCashBack. Most transaction will be displayed the following day although it is known for certain transactions to take longer than this. If your transaction is not tracked after a fortnight you can file a claim for this.

What do the Different Status' Mean
    Pending means that the website in question has recorded a sale but the payment is not 100% validated - i.e. the product could still be refundable, the credit card might not yet be processed, etc. Once the transaction gets confirmed then the website has accepted the sale and the commission can be considered yours. Confirmed purchases are rarely revoked, except in rare circumstances such as fraud. If such a thing were to occur, we would be willing to investigate on your behalf with the retailer to see if we could find out why. Once a transaction has been paid to us by the retailer, it will then become Payable, at this point you can request payment, subject to the mimimum payment thresholds being met.
    Last edited by paidtoshop; 20th August 2006 at 15:56.

mateypeeps Guest

They now have the Terms stating this, 50 instead of 25 cheque:

Cashback payments will be issued at your request. You will be able to request a cashback payment once your PAYABLE account balance reaches the thresholds for the selected payment type, this is 50 for paper cheques , 0.01 for Paypal and 0.01 for BACS payments.

You also do not seem to get 2.50 to join up.

Only if you recruit someone else who earns 5, then you also get 2.50.
    The "get referal links" page has
    "You will earn a referral fee of 2.50 for every member signup that reaches 5.00 "

#######################
    The FAQ has

Why do you not pay me a sign-up bonus when I join?

As we pay 100% cashback and charge no admin fee – we are already by far the most generous cashback site on the web.

Those that do pay a bonus tend to slightly pull the wool over their members eyes. If you look closely and do the calculations, you will see that they all have a minimum threshold before they pay you your cashback. In addition, sites that pay a bonus normally take around 50% of your cashback.

By the time you can even claim your first cashback payment therefore, you will probably have made more for them from their retained cashback percentage than they ever awarded you in terms of a Signup Bonus.

Or, to put that another way, by the time you can even claim your first cashback payment, you would most likely have earned more with us than all of their awarded cashback and their signup bonus combined!

################
    Last edited by mateypeeps; 3rd May 2009 at 11:29.

I have swopped to Topcashback from GreasyPalm & think it is a much better site.
    Also proud to be a Yam Yam !

Just been credited with 60 for starting a new mobile phone deal with Orange - brill!!
    Also proud to be a Yam Yam !

Can anyone advise re the Topcashback highest cashback guarantee?

Last night I booked 5 nights B&B at 360. On TCB it was 8% on Quidco 12% but the 12% finished last night. I couldn't submit a highest cashback guarantee claim until it tracked, which was today.

Now when you do this it asks for the url (link) of the higher cashback page, but of course by today it is now showing 10%. This is still higher than TCB but the problem is how can I prove it was 12% yesterday? I have said in my email I do have a screen shot showing the 12%, so hopefully that will suffice. But if I hadn't got this, how would I prove the higher cashback was available on Quidco?
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

I'm new to TCB. Which is the best way to be paid?? I have 54 payable in my account...should I remove it quickly, i'm sure I have heard that sometimes money goes back to being confirmed. Any tips/help gratefully received.

IMO the best way to be paid is in Tesco Clubcard points - you get paid 105% of earnings as points, but there's currently a 50 per year limit for this method of payment.

Then there's 105% payouts on gift/shopping vouchers e.g. Amazon.

Some earnings restrict the method of payment, e.g. some insurance comparisons will only pay out via BACS. Hilton hotels will only pay out as Tesco Clubcard. etc.

I would take 50 in CC points and the rest in cash ASAP. They are also well known for randomly closing accounts so think carefully about leaving any claimable money sat there
    we must live with our enemies as if they might become friends and our friends as if they might become enemies La Bruyere

Thanks for your replies. Which is the best way to claim cash, paypal, cheque or BACS please?

Quote Originally Posted by madline View Post
    Thanks for your replies. Which is the best way to claim cash, paypal, cheque or BACS please?
    There's not really a single answer to that - it's just whatever you prefer!

Most people on PTS probably take their first 50 cashback as Tesco clubcard points. Then with any additional cashback you could still get a 5% bonus with Amazon, Love2Shop or M&S gift cards/certificates. BACS is quick and easy to do if you simply want cash.