Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162
Results 611 to 617 of 617

Thread: New Area For Deals Information & Questions

  1. #611
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    DOMestic Bliss :)
    Posts
    2,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by capitalist View Post
    If you have some large values expiring, why not convert small amounts on each voucher, perhaps ?2.50 on a ?50.00 value into Bella Italia, means you use some up now but recycle the rest as change with a new 2 year time limit ?
    Quote Originally Posted by merchcon55 View Post
    Be careful doing this - I do recall reading in the T+C that this is considered an "abuse of the scheme".

    If it happens that you ONLY have 50.00 vouchers and that you just happen to only want 2.50 Bella Italia - that's fine.

    But if you have 10.00 vouchers say, it can look odd as to why you happen to chose a 50.00 to convert.

    Doing it once - would have thought no issues. Doing it several times (to extend the life of several vouchers) could cause you some issues.

    The point here - yes it can be done, but there is a risk. As long as you accept that there is a risk, then go for it. GL
    I have a vauge recollection that it no longer works like this.. or maybe its the change in T&C's that merchcon mentions... don't think it works the same, it just keeps the same expiry date?

  2. #612
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Glitching somewhere nearby
    Posts
    5,417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Polo View Post
    I have a vauge recollection that it no longer works like this.. or maybe its the change in T&C's that merchcon mentions... don't think it works the same, it just keeps the same expiry date?
    And has the word REPRINTED written over them in huge font - it's like they are saying 'we know what you were trying to do'.
    Last edited by Georgie; 3rd December 2013 at 22:15.
    Money frees you from doing things you dislike. Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy - Groucho Marx

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Georgie View Post
    And has the word REPRINTED written over them in huge font - it's like they are saying 'we know what you were trying to do'.
    I trust you Georgie, but still I must ask "are you sure"?

    I've had some "reprinted" vouchers, which were the same value and codes as ones first issued about a year ago - I took it that they were just reminding me about my oldest vouchers in case I'd lost them (as if !). They were not a slightly reduced value of 'change from boosts' having cashed in just part of their value. Any change I earned last quarter was just added to last quarter's earnings and re-issued with shiny new 2+ year validity. Then again, I wasn't breaking the abuse rules of getting more than 50% of a voucher value as change "just to extend validity of the voucher".

    On the other hand, if what Georgie says is true, then I might change my habits to actually try to recycle points more aggressively within the rules by trying to ensure where possible that just under 50% of each voucher's value is 'recycled' when I cash in, just to be on the safe side and keep voucher validity as fresh as possible.

  4. #614

    Default

    My understanding of REPRINT vouchers is the same as yours oldvicar:
    http://www.paidtoshop.co.uk/showpost...70&postcount=2

  5. #615
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Glitching somewhere nearby
    Posts
    5,417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldvicar View Post
    I trust you Georgie, but still I must ask "are you sure"?

    I've had some "reprinted" vouchers, which were the same value and codes as ones first issued about a year ago - I took it that they were just reminding me about my oldest vouchers in case I'd lost them (as if !). They were not a slightly reduced value of 'change from boosts' having cashed in just part of their value. Any change I earned last quarter was just added to last quarter's earnings and re-issued with shiny new 2+ year validity. Then again, I wasn't breaking the abuse rules of getting more than 50% of a voucher value as change "just to extend validity of the voucher".

    On the other hand, if what Georgie says is true, then I might change my habits to actually try to recycle points more aggressively within the rules by trying to ensure where possible that just under 50% of each voucher's value is 'recycled' when I cash in, just to be on the safe side and keep voucher validity as fresh as possible.
    In fairness, I wouldnt put it past myself to have got confused. But I dont think the ones that had REPRINTED on them had extended dates on them

    I think they dont have an issue if you spend ?45 out of a ?50 they are then ok with sending 'change' with a new two year date on it.

    I suspect if you spend ?2.50 out of a ?50 and do that a few times in quick succession either there is some kind of manual intervention, or more than likely they have set their systems to do it as a reprint with the original date on it.

    We need someone to do it scientifically rather than relying on my somewhat jaded memory, but I have a feeling my verison has happened to others

    You are probably not such a liberty taker as me, and their systems have you deemed as honorable and above such things as recycling the odd voucher, so yours come back with impunity (not sure what that means but I like the word)
    Money frees you from doing things you dislike. Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy - Groucho Marx

  6. #616

    Default New Area For Deals Information & Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Georgie View Post
    In fairness, I wouldnt put it past myself to have got confused. But I dont think the ones that had REPRINTED on them had extended dates on them
    Reprinted ones wouldn't have an extended date if they were ones about to expire that have been reissued as a sort of reminder though?
    Last edited by Dominic; 6th December 2013 at 07:52.
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

  7. #617
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Glitching somewhere nearby
    Posts
    5,417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    Reprinted ones wouldn't have an extended date if they were ones about to expire that have been reissued as a sort of reminder though?
    They weren't a reminder they were change from ones I had part used for deals afaik, Never had a reminder voucher in all the time I have done this.

    I reckon if you let your deals expire Tesco think it's tough luck and would be quids in as you haven't spent them so they have no interest in sending a reminder.
    Money frees you from doing things you dislike. Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy - Groucho Marx

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •