Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Board Games - Which one is your favourite?

1. Default Board Games - Which one is your favourite?

We were at Mums a few weeks ago having a bbq party for DS2 who turned 3. After we had eaten all the food, Mum brought out 2 games for us to play - the original Operation and Buckaroo. My boys are 3 and 7 and they loved them. When me and my sister were younger, every Christmas, Mum and Dad would buy us a board game each and Mum still has them in her loft!! Many of them are making a comeback but it brought back such great mnemories when we were playing them and I try to get the boys a board game each for Christmas now as well but they are not as good as when I was a little girl.

In Mum's loft were:
    Operation
    Buckaroo
    Frustration
    Monopoly
    Game of Life
    Computer Battleships
    Guess Who
    Downfall
    Connect 4
    Don't tip the waiter
    Hungry Hippos
    Mr Pop
    Build a better burger
    Mousetrap
    Scrabble
    Pictionary
    Atmosfear (you had to watch a DVD at the same time as playing)
    Ghost Castle
    Perfection

Am sure there were more but can't remember them!!

On seeing these games again, I was like a kid in a sweet shop and wanted to play all of them!!

What was/is your favourite board game and do you still play it?

I liked Othello. Could probably still play it but now hate most board (bored) games with a passion. Have to grit my teeth to play Monopoly with my son.

Asda, Morrisons, Sainsburys - anywhere but Tescos just lately!

Not a board game but I used to love Ker-Plunk. I also used to like Guess Who.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by addictedtosaving View Post

Oooh, forgot Kerplunk! That was in the loft as well

Quote Originally Posted by clarer0110 View Post
    We were at Mums a few weeks ago having a bbq party for DS2 who turned 3. After we had eaten all the food, Mum brought out 2 games for us to play - the original Operation and Buckaroo. My boys are 3 and 7 and they loved them. When me and my sister were younger, every Christmas, Mum and Dad would buy us a board game each and Mum still has them in her loft!! Many of them are making a comeback but it brought back such great mnemories when we were playing them and I try to get the boys a board game each for Christmas now as well but they are not as good as when I was a little girl.

In Mum's loft were:
    Operation
    Buckaroo
    Frustration
    Monopoly
    Game of Life
    Computer Battleships
    Guess Who
    Downfall
    Connect 4
    Don't tip the waiter
    Hungry Hippos
    Mr Pop
    Build a better burger
    Mousetrap
    Scrabble
    Pictionary
    Atmosfear (you had to watch a DVD at the same time as playing)
    Ghost Castle
    Perfection

Am sure there were more but can't remember them!!

On seeing these games again, I was like a kid in a sweet shop and wanted to play all of them!!

What was/is your favourite board game and do you still play it?
    Oh, that takes me back. Out of the games that I had I would either have to say Monopoly or Perfection.

Though I always wanted Mousetrap - One of my friends had it.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by addictedtosaving View Post

Oooh, forgot Kerplunk! That was in the loft as well

And was Yahtzee.

Articulate, play it every xmas, hillarious after a bit of baileys etc.
    Still have Atmosfear with VHS and DVD, still love playing these, i always seem to get called the old maggot !!!!!

8. Default

perfection was good and does anyone remember the game called SORRY.i find a lot of the old games at car boots and we all love playing them,also just remembered shut thebox lol

Oh I remember Sorry and had quite a few of those and I had Kerplunk too.Great game but took hours to set up and seconds to dismantle.Really annoying to them listening-I know that now as picked one up in a charity shop for DD a while back.Guess where its gone now?Yep-Back to a charity shop
    SPEAK WITHOUT OFFENDING.LISTEN WITHOUT DEFENDING.

Game of Great Britain. I still have that together with original monopoly, cludeo

Millionaire which was my mums as a girl

Also got my spirograph - and the drawings I made with it