Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: LIDL bargain buys - please put expiry date of offer in your post

A large Lidl has just opened a few miles from me so can't wait to go and see what it is like - the other Lidl / Aldi stores around me arn't so good so hopefully this one will be better.

Don't forget Home Bargains too if you are lucky enough to have one in your town - there is a thread on it which has been running for a while which people post bargains on but you do have to buy when you see as they tend to only get things in as a one off. However, although you can't do a weekly shop there at the minute they have a range branded curry / thai sauces and accompaniments in - all at 19p including naan breads twin pack - lovely too!

I used to shop at Lidl & Aldi before I starting using coupons at tesco - so I shall be going back there - the kids used to love their ice-creams
    Also proud to be a Yam Yam !

Fruit and veg are nearly always a bargain and good quality in Lidl. Don't know what date the offers change but last week cucumbers were 29p, pineaples 99p and a pack off 3 peppers 69p. Compare those prices to Tesco

Quote Originally Posted by charlie123 View Post
    linky to newsletter http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pages/i.home

Slightly off topic, but do they take Credit cards?? as Aldi didn't/don't??
    Aldi definately do, they have the chip and pin things in all their stores and they just swipe the barcodes on the items now, I remember when the one round the corner opened and the TA's had to remember all the prices, that must have been a nightmare.
    The Great Australian Adventure done & dusted and had an excellent time, Thanks Mr T

Quote Originally Posted by VeryTrying View Post
    It's so liberating being free of MrT, isn't it
    I feel the same way! Thought I'd be upset by not being able to use coupons at Mr T (not that I ever had many), but I find I'm actually quite looking forward to shopping elsewhere.

I'm going to save a lot of time by not making the long trek to Mr T and shopping closer to home. Think I'll be able to save some money too!

My local Lidl has got 15x275ml bottles Grolsch for 7, 500ml Hobgoblin and Bishops Finger for 1, 24 rolls Charmin toilet roll for 5.99
    Last edited by SimonJB; 4th October 2009 at 18:02.

Quote Originally Posted by janedoe View Post
    Aldi definately do, they have the chip and pin things in all their stores and they just swipe the barcodes on the items now, I remember when the one round the corner opened and the TA's had to remember all the prices, that must have been a nightmare.
    I used to be a deputy manager at Aldi, when we had to do that. 6000 reg lines, plus 100-300 specials, and continually changing F&V plus special offer prices...

It was actually great fun. We were also supposed to serve a min of a customer a minute, and ensure that we very rarely needed to load another till. Till ops, would very often be running off to chuck a pallet out while a customer loaded the belt.Very often I'd have a queue either side and be serving 2 or 3 people at the same time. I helped open quite a few other welsh stores as well, ahhh, it was fun....
    My light may be on, but that doesn't always mean I am looking at the PC - I am far more likely to be cuddling or feeding Tianna atm, so please don't think I am ignoring you if I don't reply quickly

Our Precious Baby Tianna has now joined our Family, she is much loved and very welcome, xxx

Corn on cob 15p each and
    30% off the premium sausages so something like 1.66 for the 95% meat pork ones.
    Iceberg 29p
    NUtella 1.15
    smooth sun pat 1.09
    6 cans of pepsi 1
    Our talents are the gift that God gives to us. What we make of our talents is our gift back to God.

Crikey thats cheap (lettuce and corn on the cob)
    Hoping and praying

Potatoes were 79p for 5kg at Aldi this week.