Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY Section on Forum

Default DIY Section on Forum

Am going to be start doing a lot of the above myself (yup little young me) and was wondering if anyone else wld think a sub section be a good idea??

Hint n tips etc - cld call it something like "Around the Home"
    Changes .... PTS is going through Changes ...

Good idea!

After having just spent the afternoon laying a retaining line of cobbles at the end of the nearly-finished-drive, I am itching to get stuck into diy again! Did two houses up before having the girls and today is the first afternoon I have had a pair of overalls on in 2 1/2 years so a place to swap hints and tips would be great.

I think this is a really good idea and fits in with our saving ethic on the forum. We can report back what went well ,was easy and money saving and what's best left to the pros..
    It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled - Mark Twain ♥

Great idea
    Achieved Gold award for my 50th blood donations in12/11. Now 07/03 just given my 62nd blood donations

Fantastic idea, just been scouring the net for info on how to remove an old window and fit a UPVC one, measure up etc., so any tips would be appreciated.

Good idea.

Great idea. I have a few DIY tips (have my strengths but also my weaknesses) and I'm sure others have good tips for me too.

Can we call it 'Around your parts' so that I can snigger every time I look at it? Oh.... ok.... Around the Home it is then.
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    Great idea. I have a few DIY tips (have my strengths but also my weaknesses) and I'm sure others have good tips for me too.

Can we call it 'Around your parts' so that I can snigger every time I look at it? Oh.... ok.... Around the Home it is then.
    goes and get her eyes checks as thought it said "Around your pants"
    Changes .... PTS is going through Changes ...

Sounds good to me.

Nice idea Giz, I've had a few diy jobs to do in and around our new house. Wonder whether any cost-saving tips for running the home by be useful. As our house is about 30% bigger, I'm wary of having to spend more on utility bills. Just bought an electricity monitor which is very useful and makes you aware just how much it costs to leave things on overnight for example. Now I always switch things off at the wall!

We also bought a new Kenwood kettle - which is completely clear and will boil as little as one cup - as I work from home I regularly boil one cup at a time. It's far more efficient than our old 'trendy' whistling kettle that we used to boil on the hob - apparently just boiling on the hob uses 3 times as much energy as a modern electric kettle. So this new kettle - although an initial outlay of 40, should help reduce our electricity bill - which is usually around 80 - 90 per month. Really impressed with it.

cheers
    Nod