Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DIY Section on Forum

Quote Originally Posted by VeryTrying View Post
    Having just discovered on another thread that I know absolutely nothing about EU Electrical Regs, I think a DIY section could be a good idea
    neither did I till i read about this - wld be a good one to add to a sticky of good web link setc
    Changes .... PTS is going through Changes ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmos View Post
    we've got the Eco Area - is that OK?? sort of goes together?

http://www.paidtoshop.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=60

if you can breathe some life into that area would be great
    Will get my thinking cap on..
    It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled - Mark Twain ♥

Ooh I think a 'DIY' section would be great.

I had some good advice re 'hanging wallpaper' a while ago on here...

Also had a 10 off a 35 spend on 'power tools' in my 'tesco' mailing! Prob due to me buying a value cordless screwdriver and sander lol Maybe Mr T thinks I should be doing some DIY too!

Well whilst we are talking DIY and Topps Tiles is hot news, one of my best ever buys was an electric tile cutter, the table saw type one with a wheel that spins.

The biggest problem when tiling is cutting the tiles, with a little snapper you can waste so many and can only do straight cuts. With the electric tile cutter you can nibble out corners or bits for pipes etc. It was about 40 but it makes a pain of a job a breeze. I'm sure some of you budding DIY ladies would love this tool, so get one and do it yourself!
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

I love the idea of a DIY area.

I had my kitchen fitted a while ago but unfortunately the kitchen fitter was not what he said so I have redone it myself()had to take all the cupboards down). Doesn't look as good as if a professional did it but I am pleased with what I have done and certainly not worried about putting some shelves up etc now.
    People say Plz as it is shorter than saying please, so I feel justified in saying no as it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    Well whilst we are talking DIY and Topps Tiles is hot news, one of my best ever buys was an electric tile cutter, the table saw type one with a wheel that spins.

The biggest problem when tiling is cutting the tiles, with a little snapper you can waste so many and can only do straight cuts. With the electric tile cutter you can nibble out corners or bits for pipes etc. It was about 40 but it makes a pain of a job a breeze. I'm sure some of you budding DIY ladies would love this tool, so get one and do it yourself!
    I am great at cutting tiles with these,even curved edges...shame I am so pants at actually tiling.

could it be home and garden please Giz?
    I am never really sure where to put Qs about the allotment,it must be very boring for others when it is in chat.

Quote Originally Posted by pookienoodle View Post
    I am never really sure where to put Qs about the allotment,it must be very boring for others when it is in chat.
    Home and Garden with a description of DIY gardening etc :-)
    Changes .... PTS is going through Changes ...

great! just in time for me as OH has just demolished my living room! been wallpaper shopping yesterday they've got some fab designs in Homebase.

Quote Originally Posted by pookienoodle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmos View Post
    Home and Garden with a description of DIY gardening etc :-)
    "Around your parts and your bushes" ?
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.