Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: A Christmas Story (of sorts)

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Deepest Darkest Devon. Probably.
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by penfold View Post
    hello stranger!!!!

    What are you studying? Hope life is treating you well
    Well. I was studying a degree in criminal psychology but then switched from Brightion Uni to Exeter and am doing A level grade courses in Human Biology, Psychology, Maths and English language plus about to start an MA in Psychotherapy. I think that officially qualifies me as being nuts.

    Lovely to see you guys around still. Having no internet connection for almost a year kind of killed my enthusiasm for the net for ages, then had stuff going on and moving etc. Life now is balanced and pretty awesome.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Deepest Darkest Devon. Probably.
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    Lol thanks RDB. Devon and Cornwall are fabulous counties, would love to retire to that neck of the woods eventually, I love the wild waves in Cornwall in the winter, but confess the grockles would probably drive me mad in the summer!
    Grockles only go to North Devon really. We're pretty much safe in the south. They avoid Exeter entirely as we is cultured peeps allegedly. Exeter has a kind of invisible barrier that repells grockles with a hyper-magnetic-human-pepelling forcefield and sends then all to Cornwall to visit the Eden Project.

    I only moved here to get decent scrumpy

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RainyDayBox View Post
    Well. I was studying a degree in criminal psychology but then switched from Brightion Uni to Exeter and am doing A level grade courses in Human Biology, Psychology, Maths and English language plus about to start an MA in Psychotherapy. I think that officially qualifies me as being nuts.

    Lovely to see you guys around still. Having no internet connection for almost a year kind of killed my enthusiasm for the net for ages, then had stuff going on and moving etc. Life now is balanced and pretty awesome.

    Thats a pretty hefty workload. Always thought that criminal psychology would be an interesting, if possibly disturbing, subject.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    15,323

    Default

    OMG scrumpy, that's leg buckling head screwing stomach chucking stuff!! fantastic tho innit!
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Deepest Darkest Devon. Probably.
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by penfold View Post
    Thats a pretty hefty workload. Always thought that criminal psychology would be an interesting, if possibly disturbing, subject.
    Interesting but tedious. Not remotely glam or glitzy but very draining hence I switched. I'm not sure what i'll do with Psychotherapy but am loving the biology side of things and the science aspect. I'm def going down the science route not the fluffy counselling route. Some of the scientific reasons to how our brain processes information (or not) are rather amazing to study. Have just done a module on the impact of diet on cells and specifically brain cells - quite alarming.

    I studied human genetics a while back and it all kind of ties in. I was going to clone myself the perfect man but appear to have found him anyway without the need for cloning!

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Deepest Darkest Devon. Probably.
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    OMG scrumpy, that's leg buckling head screwing stomach chucking stuff!! fantastic tho innit!
    Nah, I use it to cook with more than I drink it nowadays! I'm still a lightweight when it comes to booze. I drink, I promise everyone every sexual favour imaginable, I giggle a bit, I fall asleep under the nearest table. Not good!

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    15,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RainyDayBox View Post
    Nah, I use it to cook with more than I drink it nowadays! I'm still a lightweight when it comes to booze. I drink, I promise everyone every sexual favour imaginable, I giggle a bit, I fall asleep under the nearest table. Not good!
    Perhaps you'd like to elaborate

    Erm ok perhaps you wouldn't
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Deepest Darkest Devon. Probably.
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Are you trying to get me into trouble? Sigh. There was a day when I managed that perfectly well on my own or with the help of a certain monkey. Where is the filthymonkey anyway? Has he not been on? Too busy on facebook I suspect LOL.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    on top of a very cold Welsh Mountain
    Posts
    4,804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RainyDayBox View Post
    Hello Beej! Polo - I do believe congrats are in order to you and Dom being together. Have a lovely Christmas, an example of how awesome PTS can be!

    Hiya Mamzie. We are all good thanks - I am living with my little Popple and Ben down in sunny-ish Devon and loving it. I'm now officially a student and whilst having moved my mobile home down here, have given in to civilisation and moved into a house. New life entirely really. All good and rather exciting. I moved here not knowing anyone other than one person really. The kids love it, Poppy starts school next year - can't believe it's that long ago I used to sit typing away from my little flat in Hastings whilst pregnant and wishing the hours away! How life changes. How's things with you my lovely?
    We are pretty good. Mine are both in school now, they love it while I miss them loads Gosh, I think Llewy was only a tot and Poppy a baby, last time we were chatting.
    My light may be on, but that doesn't always mean I am looking at the PC - I am far more likely to be cuddling or feeding Tianna atm, so please don't think I am ignoring you if I don't reply quickly

    Our Precious Baby Tianna has now joined our Family, she is much loved and very welcome, xxx

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Tesco car park - near the end of the zebra crossing
    Posts
    1,375

    Default

    Ahoy there! Welcome back RDB! I can't believe Poppy's nearly school age - I remember you being pregnant! I'm using way too many exclamation marks! Sorry - just glad to see you back!
    I love being a loser!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •