Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: M & S Premium Club - Is It REALLY worth it?

Talking M & S Premium Club - Is It REALLY worth it?

Would really welcome your advice as 10 a month is quite a commitment and I wondered if you get this back with treats etc. Any advice would be gratefully received
    Geocaching is an outdoor treasure hunting game using a GPS

I have decided not to join. I think Mhoc posted the benefits and they are quite good but an extra 10 a month is 120 a year.
    It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled - Mark Twain ♥

Mhoc is the expert on this - she has posted on it but generally on any Marks thread. I seem to think you get your money back with vouchers for coffee in store per month which she uses but I wouldn't use this

I have just got the normal credit card which I believe every quarter you get vouchers to use instore so I will see how this goes.

Here is her post
    It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled - Mark Twain ♥

Main benefits are the 10 a month coffee vouchers and the free annual family travel insurance . If you don't have the latter elsewhere, probably worth it

You get birthday and other free gifts and triple points instore but no increase on spending outside M&S.
    Still Waiting

Quote Originally Posted by mhoc View Post
    Good question, I feel the need to make another chart so I can say accuratley.

There are the quaterley mailings - you get your reward voucher and a set of twelve free drink vouchers (2.50 each) which are

Feb
    May
    Aug
    Nov

but apart from these you also get a mailing in your birthday month - mine was for a voucher for a cream tea for two, worth about 10 and the voucher is valid for a month.

You also get sent various free gift vouchers through the year. last year I had

summer bag - worth 15

gloves or winter scarf - got a per una one worth 15

jewelllery or cuff links - this was worth 10 so I put it towards a bracelet watch which was in the sale so it only cost me 7

And then inbetween you get sets of discount or extra points voucher usually with weekly dates on them for triple or four times points, usually one set for food and drink and one for clothing. I had one of these in early January and before that I think it was November. Sometimes they are things like save 2 wys 20 but the last few have been extra points. These usually have codes on them so you can use them either instore or for online orders, very useful for the Christmas bargains.

So I reckon thats about ten mailings a year and probally more.

In the coffee shop you can also collect a loyally card, most Marks cafe will put a stamp on this even if you are using your coffee vouchers. 9 stamps on the loyaly card is a free coffee.

We tend to get a tea, small Americano and a bowl of soup, comes to just under 6, use two coffee vouchers and pay the 70 odd p extra - share the soup This is doubly good - keeps us out of McDonalds and away from the lure of chicken nuggetts and skinny chips

I was thinking of changing to a Tesco credit card but really didnt want T knowing everything about us. I am now putting everything on the Marks card - the reward vouchers will be very useful now we cant use MOCS

Hope this helps
    Here is her post

Yes its me that started this discussion

The travel insurance is a good thing for me. Most of our travel is not preplanned 18 -24 months ahead. We quite often just drop things and decide to go away for the weekend and only book on Thursday or even Friday morning, just before setting off. So having the insurance is good, something I would not think about or have time to arrange otherwise.

The coffee vouchers are good and quite often they prevent other spendings. For instance on Sunday we took youngest child to a meeting he had to go to but it was cancelled. So having sat for half an hour in a cold car we ended up in McDonalds on the way back. We used some free McDonalds coffee vouchers but bought porridge. And then we could smell the chips which i am powerless to resist so we ended up spending nearly 5

In Marks we normally have pot of tea, small Americano and a bowl of soup and share the soup. We use two coffee vouchers and pay the extra, less than 1.

So I suppose it depends on how you plan your travel, how often, how far ahead you plan etc.

Also your shopping patterns. We have to travel quite a way to go to good shopping centres, nearest are 20 minites away but most are 45 to 60 minites away - Chester, Stafford, Hanley, York, Liverpool, Birmingham, Manchester, North Wales etc so we tend to have coffee out, often lunch out. If you live and work in a city you probally dont do this.
    Achieved Gold award for my 50th blood donations in12/11. Now 07/03 just given my 62nd blood donations

Thanks Mhoc - our travel insurance is covered by our bank

Quote Originally Posted by mhoc View Post
    Yes its me that started this discussion

The travel insurance is a good thing for me. Most of our travel is not preplanned 18 -24 months ahead. We quite often just drop things and decide to go away for the weekend and only book on Thursday or even Friday morning, just before setting off. So having the insurance is good, something I would not think about or have time to arrange otherwise.

The coffee vouchers are good and quite often they prevent other spendings. For instance on Sunday we took youngest child to a meeting he had to go to but it was cancelled. So having sat for half an hour in a cold car we ended up in McDonalds on the way back. We used some free McDonalds coffee vouchers but bought porridge. And then we could smell the chips which i am powerless to resist so we ended up spending nearly 5

In Marks we normally have pot of tea, small Americano and a bowl of soup and share the soup. We use two coffee vouchers and pay the extra, less than 1.

So I suppose it depends on how you plan your travel, how often, how far ahead you plan etc.

Also your shopping patterns. We have to travel quite a way to go to good shopping centres, nearest are 20 minites away but most are 45 to 60 minites away - Chester, Stafford, Hanley, York, Liverpool, Birmingham, Manchester, North Wales etc so we tend to have coffee out, often lunch out. If you live and work in a city you probally dont do this.
    Are there alot of restrictions your aware of on the travel insurance? ie are most countries included?

Do you have to inform them on pre-existing conditions etc?
    We currently have an annual family policy with our bank account. WE've kept it with them because when we've had changes in health they've been good about accepting what I think are termed 'chronic' conditions.

Have been thinking about changing bank accounts so am currently hunting around for family policy of annual travel insurance too.
    Thanks.

Achieved Gold award for my 50th blood donations in12/11. Now 07/03 just given my 62nd blood donations