Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: M & S Premium Club - Is It REALLY worth it?

Thank you for sharing.
    Also:
    F9881631 -four points for clothing and home.

F0935906 - 200 points when spend £2

(both valid till 07/07/13)

I got my coffee vouchers this morning now worth £2.65 each so thats £31.80 so they are now worth £127.20 a year.

I also got a code for 200 points when you spend £2.

Are these codes one use only - I think I have more than one Marks account registered.

Any suggestions as to what I can buy for under £2 that I can collect from store ? In previous years Ive got nice glasses and reduced Christmas wrapping paper.

I also got ones for 1 point or 2 point for food, home, clothing - sure these use dto be 3 points or four points per pound spent.
    Achieved Gold award for my 50th blood donations in12/11. Now 07/03 just given my 62nd blood donations

Quote Originally Posted by mhoc View Post
    Any suggestions as to what I can buy for under £2 that I can collect from store ?
    There's usually some cheap underwear that I'll buy for free or pence if they send me a no min spend coupon when I don't want anything more...

I got my coffee vouchers this morning now worth £2.65 each so thats £31.80 so they are now worth £127.20 a year.

I also got a code for 200 points when you spend £2.

Are these codes one use only - I think I have more than one Marks account registered.

Any suggestions as to what I can buy for under £2 that I can collect from store ? In previous years Ive got nice glasses and reduced Christmas wrapping paper.

I also got ones for 1 point or 2 point for food, home, clothing - sure these use dto be 3 points or four points per pound spent.
    The codes are usually generic if you would like to share? Also can often be used more than once....

In the past I have bought handwash, shower gel, soap, make up remover pads, tights - all collected in store.

Default Free voucher in online orders for gift card.

I had a promotional code from M & S for 200 extra points when you shop online (valid till about 13th Oct).

I have made a few small orders (using the promotion code "shopping" for free delivery).

In each order there has been a card entitling me to a "free greetings card". There is also another card attached where you collect 6 stamps to get a free card (you get a stamp each time you make a purchase). I nearly threw these away (in fact I may have thrown some away before I realized I could actually have a free one without having to buy any!).

I was really pleased in store yesterday to find that they were valid on any single card - I got one that would have cost £3.50 and a couple of £2.75 ones.

So, if anyone has any M & S deliveries due check through the package and the bumf they send and look out for your free card............

Reviving this old thread as its all relevant.

I am still in the Marks premium club which has been £15 per month for years but today we got a mailing which says from April 17th the fee is going up to £20 a month

we do though have the option of either cancelling altogether or of taking the worldwide family travel insurance element off which would bring the fee down to £10 a month - retaining all of the benefits of being in the Marks Premium club except for the travel insurance.

Removing the travel insurance part is possible I suppose if you don't travel at all, and/or don't go beyond Europe or if you only do one trip a year so need only one off insurance.

Also I suppose this is an option for anyone having travel insurance anyway as part of their current account package with a monthly fee eg Halifax current account or the Nationwide one (don't know if its a worldwide family insurance though?)

The Premium club send me each year
    48 hot drink vouchers worth £2.65 each = £127.20
    a birthday afternoon tea voucher = £10 or £11
    £10 or £15 vouchers for various departments through the year = £60
    plus family and friend discount vouchers worth 20% off and other discounts and extra points vouchers throughout the year.

so these alone are more than the £10 a month and if you do quite a bit of marks shopping and use the discount codes they send then you more than cover the £20 a month cost.
    Achieved Gold award for my 50th blood donations in12/11. Now 07/03 just given my 62nd blood donations

I am a bit disgruntled with the premium club of late.

I had a mailing for £10 off shoes - so ordered a pair and used an oxfam voucher plus the £10 off. When they arrived they were way too big and I wanted to change them for a smaller size. Couldn't do it!! The till he says no................. I could have a "full refund" - but the Oxfam voucher and £10 off shoes vouchers were lost. To me, I am paying for these vouchers in my monthly fee for premium club, so I am really considering cancelling soon. I even contacted customer services about this and didn't get any help there either.

Default M & S Premium Club - Is It REALLY worth it?

Reviving this old thread as its all relevant.

I am still in the Marks premium club which has been £15 per month for years but today we got a mailing which says from April 17th the fee is going up to £20 a month

we do though have the option of either cancelling altogether or of taking the worldwide family travel insurance element off which would bring the fee down to £10 a month - retaining all of the benefits of being in the Marks Premium club except for the travel insurance.

Removing the travel insurance part is possible I suppose if you don't travel at all, and/or don't go beyond Europe or if you only do one trip a year so need only one off insurance.

Also I suppose this is an option for anyone having travel insurance anyway as part of their current account package with a monthly fee eg Halifax current account or the Nationwide one (don't know if its a worldwide family insurance though?)

The Premium club send me each year

48 hot drink vouchers worth £2.65 each = £127.20

a birthday afternoon tea voucher = £10 or £11

£10 or £15 vouchers for various departments through the year = £60

plus family and friend discount vouchers worth 20% off and other discounts and extra points vouchers throughout the year.

so these alone are more than the £10 a month and if you do quite a bit of marks shopping and use the discount codes they send then you more than cover the £20 a month cost.

About £200 worth if you spend them all, for £120. The thing is, and yes we have probably had this discussion before, would you honestly go to Marks and buy 48 hot drinks a year anyway? If not - but you do go because you feel otherwise you are wasting the vouchers - do you buy cake or lunch etc sometimes? If so then they are basically getting you to buy drinks you wouldn't have and to buy food too! They are having a win win here!

You have to work out the true value - ie if you spend the vouchers for the sake of spending them then that's not the true value.

An example, we get Dobbies membership through Tesco Boosts every year. From memory it is £6 a year in Boosts. We get two vouchers for free drinks each month worth around £5 a time when we go. It's certainly not saving us £60 a year as we wouldn't go so often if we were paying. We also often buy a cake or even lunch occasionally. So yes they win win but we get good value and it's only a mile or so from home, so it suits us. If it was £30 though I probably wouldn't bother. It might well give us £60 of free drinks but it's not £60 of value to my mind.
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Just bumping this up. The premium club is at the moment not open to new members but if you are already a member then you might have had a letter which looks like the usual bump but it needs reading and auctioning now.

http://bank.marksandspencer.com/bank...club/overview/

I've been paying £15 for years now but as its going up to £20 I am now just getting membership without travel insurance for £10 a month, all other benefits the same.
    Ive upgraded my current account which is £10 a month but this will give me 3% on balances up to £3K plus worldwide travel insurance, mobile, household goods etc so a better all round package.

The M & S club is still worth it for us. All the normal shopping places we go to have a store with a café so we don't make specific journeys. If I didn't have the free coffee vouchers OH would go to Greggs, Costa or other coffee shops so its a preventative measure which stalls other spending.

We used to use 2 vouchers and get a tea, small Americano and 2 currant buns, use 2 vouchers and pay the extra - so 6 times over 3 months. Now the coffee vouchers will only work against drinks, not food. If your drink is less than £2.65 you loose out. Now we either share a large latte and pay the extra 5p or I just get a medium hot chocolate.
    so basically we go more often, maybe 10 times over 3 months but we have stopped spending money in the café apart from the odd 5p.

We also get an afternoon tea voucher every year and all of the other discount vouchers and others I always use up. Also I get emailed randomly extra points vouchers.

Also on the plus side I used the MSE link and I am in the process of switching an old dormant bank current account to an M & S bank account and for this I will get a £125 gift card plus I've also opened a Marks savings account, maximum £250 a month and the interest rate is 6%