Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: M & S Premium Club - Is It REALLY worth it?

I joined just for the travel insurance the rest is a bonus. I use the card to pay for everything then pay it off by direct debit each month. As well as 4 gifts a year + an afternoon tea on your birthday and the hot drink vouchers to the value of 10 a month you earn reward vouchers depending on how much you spend on your card. I get about 50 of M&S vouchers every 2 months as reward vouchers so I definately think it is a good deal.

Know the discussion's been about the premium credit card, but has anyone got the normal m&s credit card?
    Do you get points on your shopping or not, and how often do you get a mailing. Is it every quarter?
    Do you get any moc's or offers with your mailing.
    Sorry for all the questions, just trying to choose wisely when changing credit cards.

Yes, you get points on your shopping everywhere which are converted to M&S vouchers every quarter. The mailing always comes with a batch of coupons - often extra points or money off , both online and instore

You also get plenty of extra mailings with offers and the M&S magazine for free
    Still Waiting

Thanks for the info Daisychain.Think that'sgood enough for me!

The Premier Club has proved to be a real gem for us. We've used all the hot drink vouchers and that has completely covered the 10 per month fee. The gifts and the extra points have been great - it's boosted my M&S voucher pool to around 90 per quarter. In addition, the free insurance has proved a boon - pre-existing conditions disclosed and approved with no problem - saved us a small fortune.

I was thinking of upgrading to this but phoned today and they refused to insure my husband, so not worth it for us.

I think it is the diabetes they don't like.

Just wondering if anyone has got their statement yet and if so if they have the same codes as me.

I think on MSE they decided the codes were universal rather than personal?
    I have vouchers for

5 points per 1 womenswear, lingeries, beauty 07/03
    5 points per 1 menswear 07/03
    5 points per 1 home 07/03
    300 points wys 3 on line 07/03
    4 points per 1 food, wine, flowers 21/02
    4 points per 1 food, wine, flowers 07/03

These all have also got codes for using online as well which is more or less the same as the barcode

So it looks like there might be another mailing in mid March - before Easter????

Also got my 12 hot drink vouchers - worth 30. I've got food vouchers to combine with these

And 51 in rewards which sadly I am going to have to use for buying OH a posh suit. Also got a 5 off 50 on clothing from another mailing so at least thats another something.

Also got a 25 Marks voucher somewhere from the Times so I need to make a consistant effort to find this

Anyway, more interesting than the Tesco mailings. The deals vouchers I have to save for at least 2 years to get anywhere near a useful good ammount. The pitiful points vouchers I will use in one shop and are just enough to get me a mailing in May
    Achieved Gold award for my 50th blood donations in12/11. Now 07/03 just given my 62nd blood donations

Yes same vouchers here and got 45 in reward vouchers.
    I use the hot drinks vouchers on the afternoon tea for 2 deals when they are available in the summer as they take 2 vouchers which takes 5 off. Or tea and a toasted teacake which works out free with 1 hot drink voucher.

Quote Originally Posted by grunnie View Post
    Yes same vouchers here and got 45 in reward vouchers.
    I use the hot drinks vouchers on the afternoon tea for 2 deals when they are available in the summer as they take 2 vouchers which takes 5 off. Or tea and a toasted teacake which works out free with 1 hot drink voucher.
    The toasted teacake and tea combination is a good one.

I also have a Marks loyalty coffee shop card and most coffee shops will stamp your card even though you are using the 2.50 vouchers - my small local refused though So we have not been in since

(These are little green cards you see at the ordering desk)

I now make sure I hand over the card first and get them to stamp it and then put it away. Only then do I get the vouchers out In York the lady saw I had four vouchers in my hand and took them all even though I only had three drinks - I was getting soup and a toastie at the same time though so it was quite a big bill.
    Achieved Gold award for my 50th blood donations in12/11. Now 07/03 just given my 62nd blood donations

I just did a test order this afternoon with a mans suit, trying to add as many codes as possible. I was working on the theory that the codes are often the barcode with an F in front. I got two codes for extra points to be accepted, one for womens wear and one for mens. Next experiment is to see what gets accepted if I get the order over 100