Page 3 of 103 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 1030

Thread: The Welsh Chat thread - all welcome

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Another planet half the time!
    Posts
    4,216

    Default

    Hiya Welshies. Been looking up places to go with my clubcard deals (bought from ebay!) when we come to Wales, and wondered if anyone had been to the National Showcaves Centre for Wales and what they thought of it?
    No longer a friend of Tesco. Farewell DTD.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    wales
    Posts
    14,099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
    Hiya Welshies. Been looking up places to go with my clubcard deals (bought from ebay!) when we come to Wales, and wondered if anyone had been to the National Showcaves Centre for Wales and what they thought of it?
    You have to pass my house to get there, also just past where Fluffy lives.
    I like it but haven't been for years. Quite a way from where you are staying, you could go on your way home.
    If I'm around I'll pop the kettle on

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    I seem to spend most of my life on the M4, does that count?
    Posts
    211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WELSH-DRAGON View Post
    glad centerparcs was good rach always fancied going there, especially the one by longleat as kiddies
    Centreparcs rocks (going there on 19th April) but I'd reccommend the one at Sherwood over and above Longleat any day - way better in my humble opinion.

    Not impressed with this weather (Rach, it's been peeing down a lot) I was in Bristol all day Thursday and it was glorious sunshine all day, couldn't believe it when OH told me how horrible it's been here

    Been a funny old week, my friend in the states had an emergency C section last saturday, Pre-eclamspia, they delivered the baby at 28 weeks (althought they count differently so I think that would be 30 weeks over here). Baby went straight to NICU. Becca then deteriorated rapidly and has spent the last week in Intensive Care herself. She finally got off her ventilator yesterday and is being weaned off her sedation too.

    Her baby is called Hannah Grace (two first names) and is doing as well as can be expected. Randomly, my friend back home also had her baby girl (full term) last Saturday and also called her Hannah Grace.

    Hope everyone's well and looking forward to chocolate day tomorrow - I'm having my first day 'off' from the diet since I started mid january and have a small mini eggs egg which I'm SO going to enjoy.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Another planet half the time!
    Posts
    4,216

    Default

    Ahh, hadn't realised it was so far out of Swansea. Was thinking about combining that with the free tickets you sent me for the leisure centre, but perhaps not!
    No longer a friend of Tesco. Farewell DTD.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    I seem to spend most of my life on the M4, does that count?
    Posts
    211

    Default

    Ooh yeah, forgot to tell you lot, My contract got extended for another month so I'm still in work, it'll be reviewed again at the end of April as there's a load of redundancies happening (horrible to watch, especially as some of those involved are close friends) so they can't commit to anything beyond that untill they get the 'at risk' folks sorthed out one way or another.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    wales
    Posts
    14,099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
    Ahh, hadn't realised it was so far out of Swansea. Was thinking about combining that with the free tickets you sent me for the leisure centre, but perhaps not!
    Don't worry about using those tickets LS. I can always find a home for them
    I'm a 20 min drive from Swansea and the caves are 15 mins past me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beancounter View Post
    Ooh yeah, forgot to tell you lot, My contract got extended for another month so I'm still in work, it'll be reviewed again at the end of April as there's a load of redundancies happening (horrible to watch, especially as some of those involved are close friends) so they can't commit to anything beyond that untill they get the 'at risk' folks sorthed out one way or another.
    Fingers crossed for you

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    I'm here !!!
    Posts
    1,386

    Default

    fingers crossed for you BC - know how much u enjoy working there

    Welshy x
    Matthew arrived 19th November - he is lush - I luv team welshy so much

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Another planet half the time!
    Posts
    4,216

    Default

    Definitely want to use the tickets Tyrole, the water park looks fab and I know the kids would love it! Just wondering what else I could do there or near there (either with tesco deals or not too expensive!).

    Also trying to find eating places that take deals. There is one of the pubs that take them in Llanelli which I think if I recall is about 10 miles away from where I'm staying.
    No longer a friend of Tesco. Farewell DTD.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    wales
    Posts
    14,099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
    Definitely want to use the tickets Tyrole, the water park looks fab and I know the kids would love it! Just wondering what else I could do there or near there (either with tesco deals or not too expensive!).

    Also trying to find eating places that take deals. There is one of the pubs that take them in Llanelli which I think if I recall is about 10 miles away from where I'm staying.
    Swansea has a Pizza Express, Vue cinema, an Odeon cinema and Ten pin bowling. If its a lovely day you can continue past the LC2 driving along Swansea Bay. Keep driving 15 mins and you will come to Mumbles which has a pier with penny slot machines, a small beach with plenty of rocks to climb - check tide times there is also an icecream parlour called Joe's mmmmmmmmm.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    330

    Default


    BC hope your friend continues to improve and baby Hannah Grace

    Tyrole and Ladyshopper Joes icecream mmmmmmmm

    Had a fun day today, sent DD1 to the cinema with some friends, and took DD2 and DD3 to the Easter Egg Hunt in Smyths toy shop. They were given caps and told to hunt through the store for eggs, got to keep 1 egg each. Was really impressed as all free and the eggs were the good size ones I was expecting little creme eggs lol. Also got their faces painted for free.

    Can't wait for the sully boot sales, need to have a good sort out in my attic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •