Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Chickens in a small space

I've got my chickens now - 3 big white sussex girlies. They are still quite young so not laying yet but have settled in so well. They get free range all day to wander around and take themselves off to the coop at dusk.

The cockers ignore them but our Springer is a bit, erm, 'enthuastic' with them (he is ok if they don't run but as soon as they do, he can't help himself ) Cats totally ignore them...obviously beneath a cats contempt!

So far (touch wood) they don't seem to be damaging any plants in the garden but thankfully have a liking for ground elder so are having a rare old feast on that!

They are not noisy at all...just an occasional squack when the dog gets too close and are very friendly already....although they do like to peck at toes if wearing flip flops.

Just really looking forward to first eggs now but suspect it will be in spring now.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

YAAAAAY......I'm a chicken mummy! First little white egg today!

Personally, I put it down to the leftover sultana cake I gave them yesterday......so they've had leftover cherry cake today as a reward (dogs are not impressed with this...think they had their eye on the cake )
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

WOOOOOHOOOOOOO its the greatest feeling
    Hello all...

OO need pics of yr girls!
    Hello all...

Here's two of them....the other one was too busy eating the fronds from my frozen carrots