Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do We Have To Spread The Love??

Default Why Do We Have To Spread The Love??

If a member lists lots of really good glitches or advice like markat, why do we have to spread the love why can they not get reps for their (often) hard searching. We all like reps and by limiting this, it doesn't show a true picture of reps earned
    Geocaching is an outdoor treasure hunting game using a GPS

Agree completely. A thanks button like on MSE would be good.

Yes i really wanted rep my bleach babe Freebird! xxxxx
    politeness costs nothing but time.................. numpty

because it has been known for people just to rep their mates
    Changes .... PTS is going through Changes ...

This has been discussed before and I think it was decided it would be a lot of work to set up. Does it really matter? I rep when I can to say thanks but do think some people become rep obsessed.
    It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled - Mark Twain ♥

I imagine it's to stop people constantly repping each other trying to get thousands, which would make the whole rep business pointless. As for it not
    being like MSE I guess that's just the way the hosts vbulletin set up the forum here?
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmos View Post
    Fair enough but can we not penalise them instead? Obviously we don't want to make it hard work or tedious for you
    Geocaching is an outdoor treasure hunting game using a GPS

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmos View Post
    Nice one Giz, have repped
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

I used to think reps were great and got a bit annoyed when everyone was always saying 'sorry can't rep you, need to spread the love', but now I'm not so bothered. It used to also be quite disheartening when the mods did a big clean up and we lost all our pips. But now I don't think about it, at the end of the day what is a rep? To me it doesn't mean as much as being helpful in the first place. iykwim
    Last edited by littlemissnaughty; 31st May 2010 at 11:15. Reason: spelling
    Next Stop Cruising with Mickey Mouse Weight Loss Challenge 18lbs so far 11lbs I will be skinny again...1 day

Quote Originally Posted by littlemissnaughty View Post
    I used to think reps were great and got a bit annoyed when everyone was always saying 'sorry can't rep you, need to spread the love', but now I'm not so bothered. It used to also be quite disheartening when the mods did a big clean up and we lost all our pips. But now I don't think about it, at the end of the day what is a rep? To me it doesn't mean as much as being helpful in the first place. iykwim
    Hear, hear I agree.

Rarely think about my reps, just post and help what/where I can, if I get repped, great, if I don't, well hey ho, there is more to life than pips on a forum!