Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do We Have To Spread The Love??

I gave up ages ago thinking of how many reps I accumalated. This was after gaining my first light green pip one week and then falling to a lowly 5 dark green ones again the following week. Now I think it is down to about 4 but don't really care much.

Yeah I agree Polo.... But look at my star, look at my star, ner ner I've got a STAR!

Ahem. So not bothered about reps.
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    Yeah I agree Polo.... But look at my star, look at my star, ner ner I've got a STAR!

What are you like!

I used to have a star, was gutted when I lost it
    Next Stop Cruising with Mickey Mouse Weight Loss Challenge 18lbs so far 11lbs I will be skinny again...1 day

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post

Yeah.... big deal.....

I remember you whining twice now about loosing it, so don't get too complacent

Quote Originally Posted by Polo View Post
    Yeah.... big deal.....

I remember you whining twice now about loosing it, so don't get too complacent

Have visions of Dom, crying and all snotty.....but...(sharp intake of breath) they took.....(another sharp intake of breath)....my....(wipes snotty nose on sleeve)....star.......waaaaaaaa.....while polo has to console him!

Quote Originally Posted by fairygirl View Post
    Have visions of Dom, crying and all snotty.....but...(sharp intake of breath) they took.....(another sharp intake of breath)....my....(wipes snotty nose on sleeve)....star.......waaaaaaaa.....while polo has to console him!
    Fairygirl you been watching us on cctv!?!?!?

I agree that reps aren't really that important.
    Sometimes someone will put a lot of work into a post to help someone and they don't get repped whereas another person will get lots of reps just for copying and pasting something. We all know who the helpful people are even if they don't get the reps they deserve.

I just noticed I lost some reps. Going off to have a sulk.

Quote Originally Posted by uklego View Post
    Fair enough but can we not penalise them instead? Obviously we don't want to make it hard work or tedious for you
    so how would we do that - manually - at the moment system is automatic
    Changes .... PTS is going through Changes ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmos View Post
    because it has been known for people just to rep their mates
    I suppose it is hard to get a system just right. I am happy with the way things are myself. I remember being lucky enough to post a big points code a year or two back and wooooooah, up went my reps - and I was thrilled. I think that some people must still rep their friends regularly, as there are some members who seem to have loads of pips, but not sure why.
    Is a Scorpio and is going to stay a scorpio

Because we are so helpful

However I have noticed you can post a barcode and get half a dozen reps (thankyou!) and then post a long detailed reply to one member who has asked a question specific to their circumstances, and not even get one from them! I have had lots of reps for a three word jokey answer and none for one I have felt is really useful or helpful!

So no system is ever going to be 'fair' as far as effort expended to reps received is concerned.

As others have said, really what does it matter? As long as I keep my star I'm happy
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.