Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do We Have To Spread The Love??

Also, if you post more then of course you are going to get more reps than someone who doesn't post as much. ie, Dom posts more than you MID, and he has more reps.

Althugh I post a lot, mainly twaddle and don't have as many lol.
    Does it matter tho? I'm quite happy in my pink polo bubble lol

Quote Originally Posted by SuzyWoo View Post
    Also, if you post more then of course you are going to get more reps than someone who doesn't post as much. ie, Dom posts more than you MID, and he has more reps.

Don't misunderstand..... I am happy with my reps, and yes Dom does post more than me!!!!!

I like the thanks button on MSE, but this system seems ok..... I appreciate how complicated it must be to get the right balance and keep everyone happy.
    Is a Scorpio and is going to stay a scorpio

Seeing as they get wiped out when there's a clean up, I don't suppose what you can see on someone's profie is representative of how hepful they've been, anyway, I suppose, so I guess it doesn't matter really.

I suppose I like reps because it gives you a warm fuzzy feeling that you have helped someone or because you have made someone laugh.

This is the only forum I use so reps were new to me.

Defo don't want to make any more work for you Giz but pleased I asked the question
    Geocaching is an outdoor treasure hunting game using a GPS

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    Yeah I agree Polo.... But look at my star, look at my star, ner ner I've got a STAR!

Ahem. So not bothered about reps.
    Mods please can remove Domestos's star as he has repism!
    politeness costs nothing but time.................. numpty

Have a clap on the back! Nice? Good.
    We share the love because that's what good people do.
    I do want you to feel appreciated and honoured though.
    Those rose petals all over your front step, that was me.

If you limit how much you can rep someone, though, it means their "rep count" isn't really representative of how helpful they really are, doesn't it? I tried to rep Dom the other day and it wouldn't let me.

I know people might rep their mates, but we're grown ups - can't you trust us?

Quote Originally Posted by nixx View Post
    If you limit how much you can rep someone, though, it means their "rep count" isn't really representative of how helpful they really are, doesn't it? I tried to rep Dom the other day and it wouldn't let me.

I know people might rep their mates, but we're grown ups - can't you trust us?
    Ooooh fanks I think people can 'fiddle' the system anyway by repping the same circle of friends every few days if they want to anyway. I don't and my reps are genuine, yet I have a lot of reps despite being public enemy number one and yet others who seem to be loved by everyone because they never post anything controversial have low rep counts....

Ultimately it isn't really that important.

I still like my star though
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

I've often not been able to rep different people because I have to spread the love so I quess it all evens itself out.