Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Premium Bonds

DS won 25 in Jan and DD 25 this month
    Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Default Premium Bonds

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
    DS won 25 in Jan and DD 25 this month

Again - it really depends what's invested. A few hundred quid in premium bonds and a 25 win is brilliant. A few thousand quid and it's not really that great.
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

and 2x25 for me,similar investment,better than a weekly lottery ticket-if you don't win that your moneys gone anyway,this way you still have the bonds

We borrowed 9K off the out-laws, which they took out their PB investment, paid them back 9.5K couple of years after, and they reckoned they would have been v lucky to have won that much in that time.
    Away from the numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    Again - it really depends what's invested. A few hundred quid in premium bonds and a 25 win is brilliant. A few thousand quid and it's not really that great.
    It's not a huge amount in each so the win isn't a bad one - considering the amount invested anywhere else probably wouldn't make that in a year.
    Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

If you do a monthly automated payment there have been some issues this month. My payment was recredited to account and I got excited thinking I'd won big and it had took me to limit. Apparent NSANDI are writing to all affected. Also I thought by doing my Dd on 1 month they'd be entered into September draw - incorrect it's October so now changing to last day of month
    Changes .... PTS is going through Changes ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmos View Post
    If you do a monthly automated payment there have been some issues this month. My payment was recredited to account and I got excited thinking I'd won big and it had took me to limit. Apparent NSANDI are writing to all affected. Also I thought by doing my Dd on 1 month they'd be entered into September draw - incorrect it's October so now changing to last day of month
    Gizmos, have you not got the app, so you can check at the beginning of the month if/what you have won? I know before I get the email .

Poundsinbucks x
    loves making FREE money

For long term investments (5 years +) people should consider diversification into stocks and bonds.

With such a low rate of return, and with increasing inflation, premium bonds are actually losing money every year.

A good site to see this is:

http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2011/...-stock-market/
    Mr Money Mustache is a great site for other things as well.

for those who will say it is a gamble, see this:

http://jlcollinsnh.com/2012/04/19/st...lways-goes-up/