Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Premium Bonds

I found 5 in a gutter over 30 years ago and got a premium bond with it. Won nothing

so far
    Achieved Gold award for my 50th blood donations in12/11. Now 07/03 just given my 62nd blood donations

I have a 1 premium bond which my nan bought me 40 years ago for my 1st birthday... It has never won a thing....

the best thing to do is give it a try,very easy to buy over phone with debit card,if nothing won in a few months or a year its just as easy to get a refund,i only keep my bonds a max of 3 years,get a refund+buy a new batch ,the newest ones always seem to win.i certainly over the last ten years have had as many prizes-biggest 100-as i would have got in interest,worth a try

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Lou2000 View Post
    I have a 1 premium bond which my nan bought me 40 years ago for my 1st birthday... It has never won a thing....
    yes but would look nice in a frame-how many can say they still have a present that cost 1 so many years ago-might be lucky one day,i will never cash my very old ones in

Quote Originally Posted by ayjayays View Post
    yes but would look nice in a frame-how many can say they still have a present that cost 1 so many years ago-might be lucky one day,i will never cash my very old ones in
    Never thought of framing it! I'll have a look later for a picture frame for it before they get carboot'd at the weekend!
    Thanks for the brill idea.

I decided to invest 10,000 so went with 1 x 500, 2 x 1,000, 1 x 2,500 and 1 x 5,000....had thought would do 20 x 500 but got bored filling out webpage!

each bond is worth 1 so you could have just bought 10,000 worth and got 10,000 instead of individual transactions!!
    Changes .... PTS is going through Changes ...

Just checked mine today and have won 25

got 2x25 this month as well,

Since January this year, the return on our premium bonds has been running at 3.77% which is quite good.
    And we've also got the chance to win one of the bigger prizes .........

While rates are so low, premium bonds aren't a great loss of interest.