77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep the smiley

20 25.97%
  • Get rid of it

4 5.19%
  • This poll is pointless

53 68.83%
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Should the :der: smiley be removed?

Aye humour at ops expense, cheers. Good excuse for a Dom bashing thread again tho by the usual suspects so bring it on guys! Yawn!
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Dom, you reap what you sow !!

I think it should only be used when talking about either someone who is not on the forum,i.e something you have witnessed or yourself.

It should never be used in rely to someone on the forums comments or actions,that just plain rude.
    I don't think it should be banned as that would be an insult to those who can use it in an approriate manner.

maybe the mods should have been asked first as well rather than posting this - also do people know what is involved for this and the time and effort it takes?
    Changes .... PTS is going through Changes ...

Quote Originally Posted by connorsmummy View Post
    I like it personally as I like to be able to myself when I have one of my usual blonde moments!
    Ditto it is a smiley to show you are laughing at yourself but I wouldnt use it against another's post
    It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled - Mark Twain ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Homer J Simpson View Post
    Dom, you reap what you sow !!
    Hmmm sometimes, but this was started to gauge opinion and for posts like Pookie's above, not to be deemed 'pointless' by a mod which is just as bad as using

Funny how it is clearly thought to be pointless but despite asking for it to be closed it is still here, which just makes me wonder why!?
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmos View Post
    ....do people know what is involved for this and the time and effort it takes?
    No, perhaps you could enlighten and educate us

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    I think Giz has better things to do
    It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled - Mark Twain ♥

Have to confess I do use it in reaction but usually get a backlash when I do

Should it be banned/removed do we think?
    Dom, if you start a thread saying that then I think you are open to a bit of banter.

Aye humour at ops expense, cheers. Good excuse for a Dom bashing thread again tho by the usual suspects so bring it on guys! Yawn!
    Don't dish it out if you aren't able to take it. It's not Dom bashing, but if you are as vocal as you and as colourful as you are with your opinions then I think you have to expect colourful comments back.
    Last edited by SuzyWoo; 9th August 2010 at 12:30.

logging into control panels - logging into server via ftp - changes of paths and locations - its about half an hour to do
    Changes .... PTS is going through Changes ...