Thread: Can We Have A Wants Thread

Default Can We Have A Wants Thread

I don't always have anything worthwhile swapping but there are things that I want! I know I can buy them off ebay but I would rather get them from a PTSer.

For example, daily mail codes

What do you think?
    Geocaching is an outdoor treasure hunting game using a GPS

There was talk (back in the day) about members being able to have some sort of subscription to a wants/sales section for a small donation. Without digging up old arguments (you know who you are lol) this is something I always thought would be a great idea and I certainly would donate for. It may also be a good way to get a few more people visiting PTS. I say that as a member lol! x

I'd love a wants board
    we must live with our enemies as if they might become friends and our friends as if they might become enemies La Bruyere

Thing is there are lots of Freegle/Freecycle etc type boards around so no reason why this can't be a free thing here too. The problem with wants is you tend to get silly requests cluttering it up and greed. You just need to check Freecycle boards for idiots wanting free iPhones, ipads and Blackberrys!

If it was only accessible if you paid a fee then I can't see many paying and you need all the members looking and participating otherwise nobody would ever get anything they asked for!
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

the problem with wants is that there is a lot of fairness involved - mods in the past have noticed that people have posted wants in threads (codes etc etc) and it was the same people - despite being reprimanded for it

as Dom says you do get stupid requests, there is also a lot of laziness and cheekiness as well
    Changes .... PTS is going through Changes ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmos View Post
    the problem with wants is that there is a lot of fairness involved - mods in the past have noticed that people have posted wants in threads (codes etc etc) and it was the same people - despite being reprimanded for it

as Dom says you do get stupid requests, there is also a lot of laziness and cheekiness as well
    that's okay though because the person giving can see that to and make an informed grown up decision themselves
    we must live with our enemies as if they might become friends and our friends as if they might become enemies La Bruyere

Oh OK Giz, I assume you have found a way to fund PTS now, that's great to see though.

Quote Originally Posted by SuzyWoo View Post
    Oh OK Giz, I assume you have found a way to fund PTS now, that's great to see though.
    unfortunately not
    Changes .... PTS is going through Changes ...

Oh I would love a pts freecycle thread. I need some......... oops can't say can I?

Sorry for being dense but maybe the only reason some people were asking for things was because they were the only ones who wanted them. I know lots of people aren't collecting the DM codes (for example).
    Maybe it would need a Fair Offer Policy if it were to happen so it's not always fastest finger first!
    Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.