Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: hoover help please!

Default hoover help please!

looking for a cheap hoover for my elderly mum, she has 2 circa 1930 which she is quite happy with but they dont do edges.

i'm looking for a very light, easy to use vac just for edges, so with a crevice tool that can remain fitted all the time for less than 100 qwid

any suggestions?
    Weight loss total: 4 stone 8lb! at the top of target range oops!

Dyson - bagless ones so no fiddly bags to change and its very satisfying seing the dirt being collected . Also useful for knowing when to empty it. Also brilliant customer service if ever you have problems - the last time I had a problem with mine not sucking they diagnoise dit over the phone and told me what to do
    Achieved Gold award for my 50th blood donations in12/11. Now 07/03 just given my 62nd blood donations

Quote Originally Posted by mhoc View Post
    Dyson - bagless ones so no fiddly bags to change and its very satisfying seing the dirt being collected . Also useful for knowing when to empty it. Also brilliant customer service if ever you have problems - the last time I had a problem with mine not sucking they diagnoise dit over the phone and told me what to do
    I like Dyson too ............except that 100 hand held battery powered thing !!! Worked ok for a couple of months then the battery would not hold charge so bought a new battery pack for nearly 30 that went too after a couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by margaret steer View Post
    I like Dyson too ............except that 100 hand held battery powered thing !!! Worked ok for a couple of months then the battery would not hold charge so bought a new battery pack for nearly 30 that went too after a couple of months.
    I think I would have taken it back and got a complete new one. Most places give a years guarentee and also if you buy with a credit card and the ammount is over 100 isnt the cc company also liable ???
    Achieved Gold award for my 50th blood donations in12/11. Now 07/03 just given my 62nd blood donations

Quote Originally Posted by mhoc View Post
    I think I would have taken it back and got a complete new one. Most places give a years guarentee and also if you buy with a credit card and the ammount is over 100 isnt the cc company also liable ???
    Very true. They have not changed from when I got it actually mhoc you said that the customer service was good I will get hold of them and see what they have to say. An expensive buy I should have got this sorted out.

The statement "not fit for purpose" comes to mind...
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

i have a dyson and do like it for crevice work. bit too pricy for what i wanted. went for a reconditioned one off ebay, electrolux, but thanx for input

true dom
    Weight loss total: 4 stone 8lb! at the top of target range oops!

Dysons always used to weigh a ton - has this changed? Had a DC01 and a DC04 in the past, both really heavy.
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

was thinking of something like this - looks to be light

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/aeg-ag9...57268-pdt.html
    Changes .... PTS is going through Changes ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmos View Post
    was thinking of something like this - looks to be light

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/aeg-ag9...57268-pdt.html

I went to have a look at that, Giz, but am still laughing at their statement

"The 3.65 kg bagless vacuum cleaner is easy-to-use after a mere 16hr charging time and easy to store as well with its sleek upright design.

It's the use of the word "mere" that set me off. How can anybody spend 16 hours waiting to charge a vacuum cleaner?
    I use mine a couple of times a day, depending on how messy the dog, cat, OH, visitors, grandchildren (never me, of course) have been.