Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: hoover help please!

More important is how well it holds it's charge? If it runs flat in 30 mins then needs 16 hours to charge, then it's an issue. If it runs for 2 hours then it would only need a few hours to return it to full charge after 30 mins hoovering!

However, given the limited advances in battery technology, the weight of this and the high power of most hoovers, I don't see this as likely to be much cop.

Polo's great old Electrolux upright died today... Hardly surprising given the amount of brick dust etc it has had to contend with lately. Typical after buying two packs of bags for it last week!
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    More important is how well it holds it's charge? If it runs flat in 30 mins then needs 16 hours to charge, then it's an issue. If it runs for 2 hours then it would only need a few hours to return it to full charge after 30 mins hoovering!

However, given the limited advances in battery technology, the weight of this and the high power of most hoovers, I don't see this as likely to be much cop.

Polo's great old Electrolux upright died today... Hardly surprising given the amount of brick dust etc it has had to contend with lately. Typical after buying two packs of bags for it last week!

Well the Hoover Hurricane upright we bought just over a year ago (from Comet ) is dying. Loud screaming clutch noise so am waiting for the bang and smoke! I know Henry's are good but really we need the power brush of an upright (pet hairs on carpet). Can get an Electrolux pet upright from B&M for 70 but am torn between that and investing in something better. I see Miele are mentioned here but they are over 200... Is it really going to last three times as long?
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

DYSON DYSON

Although I've never had a Miele but have heard good things and I've recently been looking at the Gtech AirRam (cos I swopped my Dyson 1 for dd1s Vax when she couldn't get on with it and have now given the Vax back because it's horrible).

Seriously, I used to kill a vac every couple of years but Dyson have been great and worth the investment for me. Dil didn't get on with the ball type and of the two I've used I prefer the earlier version. The hose is extra long on the 24 though so I can get up the whole first flight of stairs.

Any reviews on the AirRam, especially compared to Dyson I would like to hear please.

Quote Originally Posted by MomaBee View Post
    DYSON DYSON

Although I've never had a Miele but have heard good things and I've recently been looking at the Gtech AirRam (cos I swopped my Dyson 1 for dd1s Vax when she couldn't get on with it and have now given the Vax back because it's horrible).

Seriously, I used to kill a vac every couple of years but Dyson have been great and worth the investment for me. Dil didn't get on with the ball type and of the two I've used I prefer the earlier version. The hose is extra long on the 24 though so I can get up the whole first flight of stairs.

Any reviews on the AirRam, especially compared to Dyson I would like to hear please.
    dyson lover here too, on my second in 12 years the first is still working although the suck is'nt as good as it once was so I keep that upstairs and I have had to go to a car boot and buy a second hand pipe for it lol - we have used ours through renovations - the first has sucked up more plaster and brick dust than I have for the walls in my house lol
    Is loving being mum to 3 beautiful children

I have an air ram which I bought about a month ago it has good suction, It's really light and handy esp. for the quick whizz round days.
    It gets quite close to the edges and does stairs well but has no attachments.
    I kept my old one for cleaning out the settee , car etc.
    I still can't decide if I really love it or not. It would be great for people with limited strength or lots of flights of stairs though.

yes i have a meile, had it ages, far longer than any other hoover and its used every day.
    We loved it so much we bought one for our holiday cottage, think it was 179 just after last christmas.
    The only snag with meile is that they have bags but at least they are clean to change.
    owners of a lovely 2 bedroom holiday cottage in the North York Moors......

Polo has had two Dysons which both died within a couple of years and I've had a DC01 and 04 a few years ago which went the same way... I also found they are very heavy and we have steep stairs (old Victorian house). I discovered since (from posts on here) that they will service and repair whatever for a flat fee of about 60-70, but its the weight that's an issue. I was looking at a recon DC01 at the Sunday Market for 50 and was tempted, but we've just discussed it an Polo says no to another Dyson!

Off to look at Debenhams as I think I saw the Miele on there, and need to do the spend 50 get 25 back thing x 2 (Amex Foursquare). Don't mind bags really as usually the bag means fewer filters which get clogged, so bag less not always better in that regard.

tescos own small cylinder hoover 1600w,metal poles,+crevice tools etc,cost about 25,mine in regular use for 3 yrs,paper bags,but ive kept reuseable cloth ones from previous models,easy to empty,,bag full indicator,for that price if it packs up after a year i just get another one

Need turbo brush for pet hairs though. It's what's stopping me going for a Henry. I did buy a turbo head for a previous machine but it didn't fit so I'd rather get one that comes with one. So a standard cylinder would be no good. If you've tried to get pet hairs out of rugs and carpets with a normal cylinder without a turbo brush you'll know how hard it is.