Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chat Thread 2012...

Default Chat Thread 2012...

I havn't started one of these in a while but hope everyone is well... Just recently come back from the Dominican Republic a very nice comping win indeed (Although the dominican is like spain to the americans). I was going to post on the 2011 thread but thought best not upset the balance lol

I suppose the only news I have to share as such, is that my middle daughter along with her U13's football team that is in the Sussex Womens and girl's fa league Division A, has done exceptionally well this season. I am a very proud mum and they have won the league and will be presented with there medals for this on Sunday. They also have the cup final to attend (april) which will be running high with tension between both teams. Last year in a different league we played the same team in the final and beat them 4-2 taking home the cup! My little boy is playing rugby for Hastings & Bexhill and has come on in leaps and bounds with a real nature flare for the sport (perhaps the skill he shows in tackle is where he constantly practices his moves on his poor sister lol)..

Well catch you around sometime
    Hello all...

Thanks for the updates hun, sounds like all is good with you, x.

Nice to hear from you Floosy, not seen you on here for ages. Glad you enjoyed the freebie holiday - am so jealous! I gave up on the comping after not winning anything, but really oughtg to make more of an effort.
    No longer a friend of Tesco. Farewell DTD.

Haha Ladyshopper well I am not a big comper, i keep telling people I probably comp once a day if that and it only generally tends to be things I want (no dis-respect but I do not want reems and reems of useless crap lol).. I have won a few things. My daughter had a wail/whale of a time at the Saturdays concert I won tickets for at Brighton.

Oh another new thing I am now a foster carer for a German Shepherd Rescue and I have my first dog coming to me this weekend! I will of course duly share stories and pictures -He is a 9 month old boy xxx
    Hello all...

Floosy you will have to post piccies of the new addition - will you foster him/her until it gets a new home

Quote Originally Posted by Floosy View Post
    Oh another new thing I am now a foster carer for a German Shepherd Rescue and I have my first dog coming to me this weekend! I will of course duly share stories and pictures -He is a 9 month old boy xxx
    that sound wonderful - bf is constantly asking if we can get a dog - perhaps this is better - I'm not sure though as never had one and am still scared a lot of them!
    Changes .... PTS is going through Changes ...

Yes Holliemon I will foster him until a new home can be found!... Giz you may find with fostering that if you work long hours, this is not always ideal xx
    Hello all...

Quote Originally Posted by Floosy View Post
    Yes Holliemon I will foster him until a new home can be found!... Giz you may find with fostering that if you work long hours, this is not always ideal xx
    I know - but also if we got puppy would be same I guess .. part time would be good - however one of our neighbours has a Wiernerhammer (sp) and we have volunteered to look after it for the Easter weekend - guess thats a good learning curve !
    Changes .... PTS is going through Changes ...

Smile

Yes, please try and foster before committing to a dog/puppy. We love dogs and our kids were always pestering if we could please have one (or two!). In the end we compromised and fostered for a charity, one dog for 3 months (over Christmas, was lovely but heartbreaking to part with then), the second dog for a couple of weeks. It became crystal clear that it was lovely to have a dog but all the work (walking, clearing poo, grooming, extra hoovering required for labs, vet trips, etc) was all down to me. It was like having an extra child really . And also as we are away so much with sports over the weekend and evenings, a dog would just not fit in so easily. So no permanent dog for this household sadly, but it was a really good experience and we may well foster again on a temporary basis.

Poundsinbucks x
    loves making FREE money

It is a big responsibility. You need to think about all the times you are away or working long days. My dog is really well natured and very good, I hated it when I had to leave her alone while I worked 10:30 shifts sometimes, so was out of the house for over 11 hours. She was so good, but I hated doing it even though it was occasional.

Boarding costs around 10-12 a day at kennels, plus they need full vaccines and kennel cough. Then there is the cost of food. That is before you look at walks several times a day (which can be enjoyable but less so in the rain)

I'd really strongly recommend those who haven't had a dog seriously think about the responsibilities and costs because far too many get one on a whim and go through the trauma of letting them go, which is also so unfair to the dog. I know sometimes circumstances change but some people don't even consider holidays, weekends away, work trips away etc.
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.