Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chat Thread 2012...

1. Default

Floosy well done you, and Poundsinbucks and Dom I agree lots of hard work but well worth it. Sadly I lost my old girl on monday, she was a 15+ years old GSD but her hind legs were well past it. It will be a while before I will look to have another one but thats because I can't replace her, hard to explain if you haven't been there. Looking forward to your photos though floosy.
    people who never make a mistake never learn anything

2. Default

I'm so sorry Izzy. I've been there myself and know how heartbreaking it is to lose a much loved member of your family.
    15 is a great age for a GSD. I'm sure she had a lovely life with you and no you will never replace her, but in time, when you are ready, I hope you will be able to give another dog a loving home.
    It took me nearly a year before I could take an another dog after my last oldie died, you need time to grieve and this can't be rushed. x
    Big hugs,
    MM x
    Last edited by mutley muppet; 25th February 2012 at 14:41.
    Please adopt a rescued dog or cat from your local animal shelter!

So help me god I am absolutley knackered! Anyway a successful first day with foster dog Oscar, who is extremley energetic.. The string hanging from his mouth has a ball attached lol x uk-gsr is the rescue he is waiting to be re-homed through x

Hello all...

Oh my floosy oscar is a real beaut xxx
    Is loving being mum to 3 beautiful children

He has worn my poor Diggs out LOL... Lucy wasn't sure but she has turned into super flirt with him x
    Hello all...

How lovely seeing their personalities come out. I wish we had enough time for a dog
    Is loving being mum to 3 beautiful children

Quote Originally Posted by izzy65 View Post
    Floosy well done you, and Poundsinbucks and Dom I agree lots of hard work but well worth it. Sadly I lost my old girl on monday, she was a 15+ years old GSD but her hind legs were well past it. It will be a while before I will look to have another one but thats because I can't replace her, hard to explain if you haven't been there. Looking forward to your photos though floosy.
    Aw Izzy . Big hugs to you x
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Lovely dog Floosy - she looks larger version of mine - well done on the fostering too

Hollie was fostered as she was found as a puppy until we took her on at about 8 weeks

izzy65 sorry to hear about your dog, I can't begin to desribe the pain of losing my gsd last april...

Fostering has confirmed I have no desire to own a 3rd on a pernament basis lol... Its hard work but enjoyable and nuturing them on there journey is good enough for me!
    Hello all...

10. Default

we are aware of the commitment etc to getting a dog (bf has has dogs since he was little and had two dobermans up until he split with ex) - we wouldnt do anything till after our holidays this year anyway - the house is certainly big enough for a dog to have a good roam when at work and fingers crossed I will be wfh for half days as well pretty soon.

i do think the best way for us at moment is to help with our friends and see how it goes as I still have lots of reservations.
    Changes .... PTS is going through Changes ...