Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chat Thread 2012...

Floosy well done you, and Poundsinbucks and Dom I agree lots of hard work but well worth it. Sadly I lost my old girl on monday, she was a 15+ years old GSD but her hind legs were well past it. It will be a while before I will look to have another one but thats because I can't replace her, hard to explain if you haven't been there. Looking forward to your photos though floosy.
    people who never make a mistake never learn anything

I'm so sorry Izzy. I've been there myself and know how heartbreaking it is to lose a much loved member of your family.
    15 is a great age for a GSD. I'm sure she had a lovely life with you and no you will never replace her, but in time, when you are ready, I hope you will be able to give another dog a loving home.
    It took me nearly a year before I could take an another dog after my last oldie died, you need time to grieve and this can't be rushed. x
    Big hugs,
    MM x
    Last edited by mutley muppet; 25th February 2012 at 15:41.
    Please adopt a rescued dog or cat from your local animal shelter!

So help me god I am absolutley knackered! Anyway a successful first day with foster dog Oscar, who is extremley energetic.. The string hanging from his mouth has a ball attached lol x uk-gsr is the rescue he is waiting to be re-homed through x

Hello all...

Oh my floosy oscar is a real beaut xxx
    Is loving being mum to 3 beautiful children

He has worn my poor Diggs out LOL... Lucy wasn't sure but she has turned into super flirt with him x
    Hello all...

How lovely seeing their personalities come out. I wish we had enough time for a dog
    Is loving being mum to 3 beautiful children

Quote Originally Posted by izzy65 View Post
    Floosy well done you, and Poundsinbucks and Dom I agree lots of hard work but well worth it. Sadly I lost my old girl on monday, she was a 15+ years old GSD but her hind legs were well past it. It will be a while before I will look to have another one but thats because I can't replace her, hard to explain if you haven't been there. Looking forward to your photos though floosy.
    Aw Izzy . Big hugs to you x
    Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of us who actually do.

Lovely dog Floosy - she looks larger version of mine - well done on the fostering too

Hollie was fostered as she was found as a puppy until we took her on at about 8 weeks

izzy65 sorry to hear about your dog, I can't begin to desribe the pain of losing my gsd last april...

Fostering has confirmed I have no desire to own a 3rd on a pernament basis lol... Its hard work but enjoyable and nuturing them on there journey is good enough for me!
    Hello all...

we are aware of the commitment etc to getting a dog (bf has has dogs since he was little and had two dobermans up until he split with ex) - we wouldnt do anything till after our holidays this year anyway - the house is certainly big enough for a dog to have a good roam when at work and fingers crossed I will be wfh for half days as well pretty soon.

i do think the best way for us at moment is to help with our friends and see how it goes as I still have lots of reservations.
    Changes .... PTS is going through Changes ...